Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Tomorrow (26 Sep 10) Any Suggestions?
Hey everyone, I'm planning on hitting Willard tomorrow morning at aroung 0700. It will be my first assault there and was wondering if there were any suggestions on where to fish? I don't have a boat so i'll be trying to work as much shoreline as possible. If I don't get into anything then i'll pack up there after a couple of hours and try some trout on the Web or Ogden. I'm stoked about wipers and walleyes, wouldn't mind grabbin some crappies and cats either. I plan on starting out with a 1/4 oz white bucktail jig, that's the only plan I have for now, if that doesn't pan out I'll just end up throwing the whole aresenal at them and see what works. I have a crawdad crank that I hear is good on cats around the rocks so I'll make sure to give that a shot too. Like I said if ya'll have any suggestions i'm all ears.
[signature]
North Dike provides good fishing from time to time. I have caught wiper, cat's, crappie, and a couple wally's all from shore. But, i have been skunked on a number of trips as well. It is hit or miss just like any fishing.

BTW,

Thanks for serving, it is appreciated.
[signature]
Willard archive has everything you need.[Wink]

From shore I would try lip less cranks in a variety off colors, also throw some top water if you got them, they could be shallow. good luck.
[signature]
Well didn't do so hot at Willard this morning. Caught a 12 inch smallmouth on my second cast at 0700 then fished for 3 1/2 hours with nothing else. Departed the lake early but plan to do some evening fishing, not sure where yet but maybe I'll give Willard a shot at twilight.
[signature]
In case you haven't see this already, here is a map of Willard that TubeDude made, that shows most of the shore fishing access points.
[signature]
Well decided to do some evening trout fishing in the Weber. I started off snapping the tip off my rod then proceded to have a pretty bad night of fishing. Missed a decent sized brown and the only other fish I saw were the ones eating flies, not my lures, just flies.
[signature]