Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McTucker again
OK, tried this once with my phone out on the dock and once when my computer shut off, maybe this time I can get the report posted.

Went to McTucker Saturday night after dark. Started at pond #2. I could still see catfish minnows everywhere along the shore and a few bass minnows. Caught my first channel catfish on a piece of worm with some corn, 11 or so inches.

Moved to pond #8 and fished there for a while had a few bites, one dinky sunfish, and a bullhead catfish about the same lenghth as the other. Moved the car around and took a 3 hour nap until morning.

Caught some bass in ponds 4 and 7 in the morning, 10-12 inches. Had a big 16-18 inch bass follow one of the small ones I had hooked, I think he was hoping the grasshopper lure would fall out of the smaller fish's mouth. I wished I had had another lure trailing the first.

The water is lower than last month so I stuck to the ponds that had deep holes near the bank. Didn't see any yellow trout, but I did see some big carp.
[signature]
Thanks for an update. Did you intend to campout?

Windriver
[signature]
Yeah, I kinda figured I would. I'm not big on driving very far, and I was already in Blackfoot for a family thing.

I still might have driven back in the middle of the night, but I thought catching some bass would be fun... and one of the yellow trout.
[signature]