Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREEN RIVER YESTERDAY

I'm back,House is finished,(well almost).
Did a one dayer to the green. The river is beautiful fishing was good.
The fish Quantity of fish in the river looked to be down.
Has anybody heard info on fish numbers below the Gorge?
Zebra midge was the best nymph and a blow fly was the best dry?
watched 3 guys doing the san juan shuffle. Is that legal on the Green or just unethical?
[signature]
Hey HFT,
Thanks for the report. How many fish did you catch and what type. Did you fish below the dam, or little hole or Browns park. My .02 it's unethical.
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
what in the he%^ is the san juan shuffle?

sm
[signature]
I think that it's when your river fishing and you shuffle your feet so it kicks bugs and things off the bottom which in turn draws the fish towards you.
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]HFT, you're back! I've been checking up on you and you hadn't logged in for a while and I was getting worried we'd lost you! I was just about to give you a call.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Well, glad you're back and show a lot more. We missed you! Thanks for the report![/size][/font]
[signature]
blm, have you ever perfomed the 'san juan shuffle' ?????

sm
[signature]

The san Juan shuffle is a very effective method of lake trout fishing.
I'm sure BLM would be glad to help you perform it on bear lake Southernman.
I hooked up a white fish, a cutt,a brown and a couple of rainbows.
[signature]
James,

You going to be at work Tuesday? If so I'll come down to talk to you. Haven't seen you since the thaw.
[signature]
that would be great hft, c'mon down to vegas and ill show you the 'chicago shuffle' . . .

sm
[signature]

I'll be there in the morning. no guarantee for the afternoon.
[signature]

Just messn with ya southernman no need to show me the chicago version.
sounds to me that, instead of dancing on the bottom of the river the chicago version involves dancing on my face.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Oh, I think it involves you dancin' on the bottom... wearing cement shoes! DOH![shocked][/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey James, You didnt by chance get to talk to any spin fisherman down there did ya? I havent been there for several years and would like to get out there sometime in the fall or winter. Just wondering how the spin fishing is up there?
[signature]

I didn't talk to any spin guys,but I was suprised by the number of them.
my favorite to use on a spin rod there is creme night crawler 2nd from the smallest.
[signature]
Hey loanfish, I've done quite well a few years ago when I went to the green using just a countdown rapala. I even "trolled" it behind the raft and caught a couple nice rainbows that way. Haven't been there for a long time though.
[signature]
I havent been down ther either for quite some time. But you know how it is. You hear a few success stories and the next thing you know your up ther fishing. I guess I'm just looking for another excuse to go fishing at a really cool place[cool]
[signature]
Tincanfish is correct on the SJ shuffle. It can be effective, but it's highly discouraged due to the damage it causes to the river bottom, especially during the spawn.

Agreed. A guy might as well dump a can of corn in the water or go to Smiths and buy a fish it takes all the sport out of it.
By the way nobody answered my 1st question.
Anybody heard about fish #'s up there?
[signature]