Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANY ROCKPORT REPORTS?
Hey folks! I'm headed up to Rockport for some camping and fishing this weekend. We will be fishing from a a boat. We are taking my friend's 7 yo little girl because she has evidently caught the fishing bug! Well, she did catch a nice 22" cutt at the Berry recently!

Anybody been up there lately? If so, how did you do?

Any bass or perch reports?

Any info. is greatly appreciated... PM me if you wish!

Thanks,

Kevin
[signature]
We were up there trolling on Saturday and didn't get a bite. Lake is turning over right now and there is a big algae bloom going up but that didn't seem to bother the tiny stocked rainbows. Every other boat out there was using pop gear and a worm and tearing up those little guys- they were all 10-12 inches. Try trolling over 40 feet of water with your pop gear down about 18-22 feet. We marked lots those little bows. BUT out of all the fish we saw caught - none were bigger than the size lures we were trolling. We had high hopes but got nothing.
[signature]

The wifey and i went to smith & morehouse last weekend. We limited out in just over an hour. 6 bows, 1 cutt,& 1 tiger. The weekend before i caught a 20 rainbow, nice and pink inside. Just a thought. Only 30 minutes from rockport. Good luck!
[signature]
Thanks for the info fellas!
[signature]