Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard. Guess what all I caught a Cat on the Fly rod
Went out to willard tonight had a great time didn't hook a wiper but I did hook a cat. Frist time I've ever done that on a fly rod. Just wondering if any of you have figuared out the conditions that the wiper will boil in

Trent
[signature]
This time last year we were into the boils already, I think Xman is right, the wiper catching won't improve until the water temps cool and that might not be for another week or two. WH2
[signature]
Of course with the weather the way it is that might be today. I just might have to go give it another shot tonight

Trent
[signature]
water needs to be under 70 my friend. or around there. and best temps i have found personally is around 60. this is just my experience. though others might have ahd other situations that is what ive done well in. and from the looks of it that wont be for weeks because of how shallow the water is right now.

last year this time i was in boils up to my ears about every other day.
[signature]
You were right. No boils tonight. Didn't even get a catfish to take the fly. I did get into them once however about a week ago. I know that day was hotter then it has been the last little while. The only thing I could say was diffrent was that there was more cloud cover that day so the sun's rays wern't shinning down heatin' up the water. I'm sure am excited for those boils to become a bit more consistant so I can go and stick em on the fly rod.

Trent
[signature]
The more you go out the better your odds are of hitting it at the right time. What area are you fishing? WH2
[signature]
i have seen a few people catch a handful of wipers in the boils in tubes. but i would say if you want to wear your arm out pull out the spinnin rig and hook 20 or so. haha
[signature]
I would but the fly rod is just so much fun

Trent
[signature]