Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hows the bass fishing?
I just got back from a 4 week trip lastnight. Now its time to do some bassin. How has utah lake been lately? Whats the water level like? When I left jordenelle was pretty slow, has the fishing improved. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
juut my opinion here i've done alot of LM fishing at utah lake this year at present i would say spotty last week on a outing i only got one on a spinner bait LM and three white bass jordanelle maybe a little better on the smallmouth two large fish caught out of there this year one 7# plus one 8# plus on senkos the SM at pineview seems to be bitting fairly well on grubs on the small side though i got a 19 1/2" smallie last week on a rattle trap

chris
[signature]
Utah Lake has been really good lately for catfish, at night or in the morning. I have only seen 1 white bass this entire year, and it was 2 1/2 inches long caught off a worm and a bobber! Haven't been up to Jordanelle -- yet. Plan on going to the perch party at the Rock Cliff side though, It's Sept 6 (Sat). I think I'll be able to make this one in my float tube.
[signature]
I was out witth aquaman on sunday night and the white bass I caught measured in at 11 1/2 inches. Nicest white bass I ever caught. We caught a few mudcats, enough for a dinner for me and that was it. No channel's. We were at afbh.
[signature]
I went to Hyrum Sunday night. I fished directly across from the boat ramp about thirty feet from the bank in about 18 feet of water. The water temp was 75.5 degrees.

The fishing was a little slow but consistent. I caught six LM in roughly two hours. All were caught on a carolina rig with a zoom centipede in watermelon red. The largest was about 2lbs. I tried some crankbaits and topwaters just before dark with no success. All in all it was a pleasant way to spend a Sunday evening.

The boat ramp was fine for getting boats in and out.

Jeff
[signature]
What are the avarage size of LM out there at utah lake.

Trent
[signature]
avarage size would be around 15" -16" the smallest i got was 13" the largest 21"

chris
[signature]