Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sup? just sayin hey
Picked up a fc4 last week and tried it out once so far. I learned in the old school round tubes years back with the silly paddle pushers. This is my first experience with a v tube and flippers. I just need more time on the water to get the turning down. Man this thing glides through the water compared to my old round tubes! LOL Can't wait to get out and do some more bass fishin and tubing! [Wink]
[signature]
Welcome and glad to have you on the forum. [Smile]

Good move on getting the FC4. You will love it. It is a totally different experience compared to the old style tubes.
[signature]
[quote cpierce]Welcome and glad to have you on the forum. [Smile]

Good move on getting the FC4. You will love it. It is a totally different experience compared to the old style tubes.[/quote]

thanks! as soon as i get the turning down with the flippers! lol
[signature]
One of the fun things you can do with the FC 4's is sail them. Your upper body and the tube itself provides enough service area to serve as a sail and you have enough mass and volume under the water with your calves and what your butt and the tube displace to form a keel or centerboard effect. The result is that you can tack into the wind and reach across the wind with very little effort on windy days. The fun part is watching the guys with pontoon boats fighting the wind, wind vaneing all of the time and really working to move against the wind. I sailed El Toros as a kid and was very pleasantly surprised to find the capability in the FC 4. It sure doesn't happen with toons and round tubes.

Leechman
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Getting the hang of propulsion and turning is usually one of the main things to learn before you can really concentrate on the fishing rather than navigation. But once you get the muscle memory thing down you will find yourself moving effortlessly (except in the wind).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What part of the country do you hail from?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
North Dallas, Texas.
[signature]
so you fish Lake Ray Hubbard and White Rock? i have family that lives over in Wolfe City and makes the daily commute to Dallas.
[signature]
Not yet, I prefer smaller ponds and lakes. Much easier fishing for me.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, you are definitely in prime tubin' country. Lots of stock tanks and private ponds. Also some biggies...like Lake Fork. As you will learn you can fish the big lakes if you treat them like small ones. Just go to one cove or arm of the lake and fish it thoroughly. Try different spots and once you learn them you will always have a place to go during different seasons and weather conditions. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Take your time and be safe. From past experience I will suggest that you always launch from a clear area and scope out the surroundings carefully. Lots of moccasins and especially copperheads around some waters.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the tips! I just need more time on the water to practice navigating skills lol I did catch 2 bass the first trip out but most of the time was spent with propulsion issues. The fc4 is a big improvement from the old school round tubes!

Steve

[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]Hey, you are definitely in prime tubin' country. Lots of stock tanks and private ponds. Also some biggies...like Lake Fork. As you will learn you can fish the big lakes if you treat them like small ones. Just go to one cove or arm of the lake and fish it thoroughly. Try different spots and once you learn them you will always have a place to go during different seasons and weather conditions. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Take your time and be safe. From past experience I will suggest that you always launch from a clear area and scope out the surroundings carefully. Lots of moccasins and especially copperheads around some waters.[/#0000ff][/quote]
[signature]
[quote leechman]One of the fun things you can do with the FC 4's is sail them. Your upper body and the tube itself provides enough service area to serve as a sail and you have enough mass and volume under the water with your calves and what your butt and the tube displace to form a keel or centerboard effect. The result is that you can tack into the wind and reach across the wind with very little effort on windy days. The fun part is watching the guys with pontoon boats fighting the wind, wind vaneing all of the time and really working to move against the wind. I sailed El Toros as a kid and was very pleasantly surprised to find the capability in the FC 4. It sure doesn't happen with toons and round tubes.

Leechman[/quote]

I have ODC 420's as well as several small 6' pontoons. They are rigged for speed and power against wind with a very small electric motor and my feet out of the water. At least for my case, all of the pontoons are faster and have a longer range than all of the "V" style with all other conditions being the same. But maybe that is because I don't have my legs in the water and am not using fins....

Pon
[signature]
Nope, pretty good assessment. Allot of rumors about Pontoons being more effected...I haven't noticed it and I do have both. Both suck in the wind.
I have been in some good winds in my H3 trying to power back to shore. The Escape, just drop oars and row....
[signature]