Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% bands!
I got an invite last night about 7 to a secret field. Left at 3 this morning to get there with doubts but drove on anyway. I do a lot of duck hunting but for some reason I've never shot geese before today, they came in at 745 and that changed that. We dropped five birds, three were neck collars with bands and the remaining two were "just" banded and were mine! What a crazy morning! the flight was done by 815 and we started cleaning up. Had me on top of the world all day [inline yeahbuddy.jpg]
[signature]
Nice jewelry!
[signature]
I don't hunt feilds much anymore,Looks like you found the X and jewelry to boot. Congrats!
[signature]
yeah, it was my second time hunting out of a layout blind. We were hunting over a dozen dave smith honkers ($1000) and the first flock came in with no calling and landed. My buddy and I kinda stuck our heads out and were looking for collars. "don't shoot the one on the right, that's mine!" he says. Yeah right. [Smile] the second flock came in and started to land when "shoot em!" was heard. I lost my collared bird as it came up but dropped another dead, thank you black cloud! I think I'll quit goose hunting now, don't know that I can match two for two on bands!
[signature]
That's pretty freekin' cool! Congrats on the neck bands.
[signature]
Interesting thanks for sharing[cool]
[signature]