Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nephew's first Wiper
Nephew's first wiper. I'd rather watch him catch one than catch 5 myself. It was awesome.
[signature]
that's a good chunky one! I enjoy the guide gig more and more as i get older, it's fun watching other people get excited about fishing! I take it from your user name you were dragging flys on willard? I'm thinking of going up tomorrow with that in mind, any advice?
[signature]
Yep... they dig flies. I think it is easier to keep a fly in the "zone" longer. Advice? Nothing special really. Find a boil and chuck something shad-like at em. Easy peezy.
[signature]
Well done - nice fish, happy kid! That ones a chunk. Yup - another wiperchaser is born. They are addictive! Did you find boils, or just get hit on? What part of the lake?

I got down there Sunday afternoon - South Marina. Gas motor on the fritz, figured I'd just tool around on electric for a couple hours. Hit the water about 4, only to realize (crap) my battery was only at half mast. Made it to the corner of the feedlot where I'd had some luck last week (first Willard Kitty). Managed a couple pecks from dinkers by shore, but no real hits. Didn't spot up much on the sonar even. No birds, no boils, no bites.

Then - no more battery, so I had to row back to harbor. I'm thinnin next time - (glutton for punishment!) I oughta give the North Marina a try.

Gorgeous sunset - I'll say that much. I think I may have to chase some slimers - rebuild my confidence (and drop off my Johnson for service!)