Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confused cutties / Henrys
[crazy]We had a great day Henry's today- trolling- but when we went into the dock there must be 100's of cutts circling around like they do during the spawn in the spring?! There were 7-8 guys fly fishing / catching em right by the docks. Anyway...hardly any weeds. Firetiger rapalas were the go to lure - it totally shut off about 1pm but before that pretty consistant. We landed 25 for the day between three of us and brought home 3 5lb hybrids to eat.
[signature]
Nice report Ironrod! Wonder what's up with the Cutts? [Image: dumb.gif][Image: surprised.gif] [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
It's nuts! We saw a few role early in the morning when launching and figured they were brookies. Nope-all cutts[crazy]! There are a few large ones too (quite a few). Kind of fun to just sit and watch them. Brought a prospective client with me that's not really a fisherman- he talked about those all the way home [cool].
[signature]
They might actually be spawning...I know people will tell you otherwise, but I have caught cutthroats on the Teton river in the fall that have squirted eggs and such all over me. I've talked to biologists about it that were baffled but said it is a possibility...
[signature]
I wouldn't argue that - I know it's possible. If I were up there I would be throwing an egg pattern or zebra midge[Wink]
[signature]