Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oct 14 33hole rocky point report
[size 2][/size]33 hole rocky point report Oct 14

Arrived at the rocky point lot bout 9am felt really nice & cool. Two other bankies already set up in the closest cove. I decided to hike way east lookin to discover a new cove. Passed a few coves and saw a few baby bass cruisin through the weed beds other than that it was still as ice no boils no jumpers. Finally got set up on a main point did the usual baited one rod with covies threw a shad rap with the other. Not long before the first cat was hooked on the bait rod this guy gave it everything he had, head shaking, diving, pullen line off, seriously seemed to be a good couple minutes of fighten this guy before landing him. Decided to focus strictly on crankbaits and spinnerbaits the next hour or so they only seemed to be pecking at my crankers nothin to violent had a nice one on but half way to shore he broke off reeled in to find a good crankbait gone. Guess 4lb dosent always stand up to big ones. Put the ultra light down started casting with the med had a 3in wht wildeye swim shad on and hooked up a dinker striper fought like a sunfish. Kept castin with no takes so I decided to bait up & put in holders sat around missed a few nice strikes while not payin attention. Lake was quiet very still time was just rollin by with no tugs then another tough cat came to play fought just like the first one he did not want to come off the bottom. Decided to pack it up around 12ish and began the hike back up on the way I saw a couple floatin around a cove on their pool toys just soakin up the sun. Saw one boat cruise by towards vegas wash other than that not too much action. Left the camera at the car so I only got a cooler pic. Until then.

(note the bigger cat had a few whole crawdads in his belly)
[signature]
looks like a nice cat. Thanks for sharing[fishin]
[signature]
thanx for the report!!! good to hear the kittys are still hittin. i'm definetly gonna have to get out again soon, we went out last week and had a dinkster striper and hand picked crawfish party over by hemmingway. i picked up some new lures from bass pro shops, a baitnet and a crawfish trap this week. ichin to get out to use them. [fishin]
[signature]
Vegaskid - Thanks my intentions were to only bring lures but couldn't resist had to make one last stop[cool]

Syncityangler - Thanks & yup the cats are still somewhat shallow they are fighten pretty hard these last couple weeks. I've also observed a few craws in the last month or so. I attempted the lightning fast hand grab but the lil buggers just swam off or took cover underneath a rock. I remember one night in particular around 33hole I called in a couple nice ones by chuming covie heads really close to shore too bad I couldn't get any until then[cool]
[signature]