Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great weekend at Henrys
We took a couple of days off and went to Henrys. It was great, the weather for the most part was good and of course, after we learned where to fish and what to use the fish made it quite interesting. We were trolling the North end of the lake and were fishing in 8 to 10 feet of water. After a lot of searching, found a lane that didn't hang us up every time we let out.
I never thought that I would be letting 3 pounders go to catch something bigger.
Thursday night was a little slow, trolling back to the dock my wife caught a cut that was 27 inches long and almost seven pounds, biggest trout ever for her and I think she will go back. She always out fishes me, but I can live with that as long as she keeps going.
Saturday afternoon we couldn't keep the the fish off, mostly small, but once in a while two and three pounders. I finally hooked into a five pound hybrid, that was a lot of fun! Great trip, thanks to every one who posts here, hope to go back next year.
[signature]
Great report and nice trophy's there!
[signature]
Congrats on a successful outing!

I wish i could get my wife out there to fish with me...but then we would have to bring the baby and I dont trust Henrys with my baby.
[signature]
wow ! awesome fish ! never fished there but i may now. what lure did you have luck on with the trolling. does plunk and sit with bait work ? spinners ?
[signature]
"Bank Yanking" as I call it, works in the spring. I'm not sure about the fall. The weeds could be a real problem in the fall. In the spring, there aren't a lot weeds and the fish often cruise the shore. I think the fish probably cruise the shore in the fall as well, but you'll have a lot more weeds.
[signature]
great report! We were there late this afternoon and didn't do too well. Caught a couple and one was a 22" cuttie but that was it. Spoke to a guy that fished all weekend. He did really well Fri/Sat and "ok" Sunday. Today was dead however. I know the morning bite always seems a little better for me but couldn't get up there until around 1pm.
[signature]
Here's one of mine from Saturday. It was good till about 11 am for us then slow till about 4 and then it started picking up again. Although this guy was caught at about 3 pm.
[signature]
Seeings how we are showing, here is "one" of mine

[Image: IMG_1218.jpg]

Everet fishes the shore in the Fall and has caught some nice fish.
[signature]
I know plunk and sit w/ bait does work this time of year. I personally prefer to use a bobber w/ bait if I'm in a boat then use a second rod to throw spinners or spoons in the mean time (2 rod permit required!). Haven't made it up this season and am starting to worry I won't. It's still not over yet though!
[signature]
Seeing some of your past pics, how come you chose such a small one? Was it to make rest of us feel better? Just kidding, that is a nice fish. I just love the colors. Are they always this color or do they get brighter in the fall?
[signature]