Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT HAS BEGUN!
C.L. "Butch" Otter announced it today!!!!! he ordered Idaho Fish and game to halt all wolf managment in the state of idaho. this includes investigations into poached wolf cases and doing what ever it takes to help save our elk, deer, and moose populations. i have seen it all over the media. and the pro wolf side are freaking out!!!!!!!! all i can say is thank the lord somebody high enough that they matter has grown a pair and is taking a stand!!!!!! here is a link to the full story with his official letter to the federal GOV. [url "http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/105198454.html"]http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/105198454.html[/url]
[signature]
[#4040ff]You can really tell when it's an election year.[/#4040ff]
[signature]
[quote mojorizing][#4040ff]You can really tell when it's an election year.[/#4040ff][/quote]

Bingo!

Wait and see what happens after the elections.
[signature]
beleive me the thought crossed my mind but im trying to stay optimistic about the situation and hoping he is doing it for his own personal beleif and to really do something about the wolf problem
[signature]
Come on, it's Butch - it's all about the elections and nothing more. If he was really concerned he would have granted Idaho County the disaster status they asked for. If the county had more voters I bet he would have!!!!!
[signature]
That was before the negotiations deadline was up also so im sure he didnt want to press the issue to bad while there was still a chance of the federal gov. having some resolve in mind. but you guys are probably right. we will see though it will be fun for me while it lasts.
[signature]
From KTVB today:
BOISE -- Gov. Butch Otter is warning Idaho hunters not to shoot wolves they see chasing elk, a reversal of his stance just a day ago.
On Monday, he announced Idaho was relinquishing wolf management duties in protest of the federal government's refusal to allow a public hunt.
After a press conference in Boise, Otter told The Associated Press that federal laws allow hunters to shoot wolves they saw pursuing elk or moose. But he clarified his position Tuesday.
Otter still believes big game are Idaho's "livestock," and that residents should be able to protect them like any livestock owner.
But actually shooting a wolf would likely be a violation of federal law.
Otter is still hoping for federal permission to kill dozens of wolves in northcentral Idaho's Lolo region he blames for reducing elk herds there.
[signature]
The only thing Otter has done is turn control of the wolves over to the Federal Government. Now watch what happens. Idaho will not have any say at all about what should be done. F&G will have no say, we will have no say. He did the worst possible thing he could do. Now the feds will be in control and can keep the wolves on the list forever if they want. They could even shut down hunting and fishing in any area they want and use the excuse that it is to help the wolf population in that area.
[mad]
[signature]
I have to agree prvrt. In my opinion this isn't about wolves anyway. It's about stopping hunting because if we can't hunt we don't need guns.
[signature]
that is exactly what its about avery that is why i have always said this is bigger than wolves. wolves are just the cover up.
[signature]