Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone wanna go fishin 2morrow? (Sat. 23)
I have room for one if someone whose been chasing Muskie would like to join us at Pineview. Must not be afraid of the weather. We haven't caught any yet but our lucks got to change sometime. We'll get up there early and quit fishin early afternoon. PM me if you're interested (If this is a horrible idea post it on the wall)

Passionate & Patient Muskie chaser Smile
[signature]
I would be tempted but i am suppose to go to my nephews final soccer game tomorrow, so i may go early and just tube it weather permitting of course.
Good luck and hope you get one[fishon]
[signature]
Sounds Fun Man, But I have other stuff I gotta do. I sent ya a PM tho. We have to hook up soon...UL, PV, DC, or the Berry.

ShawnM
[signature]
Oh man, I'd be so all over that, but I think I spent my free ticket. Wiperhunter reached out on a Willard outing. Seemed like a perfect setup - low pressure, fullish moon, cloudy evening. Spelled boils. Ok air temp 65ish, water temp just a notch under 60 - so a wee bit chilly.

Lot of boats along the feedlot area, a few outside of the marina. Got to spotting up some deep fish around the buoys. Dragged a few offerings, planed some boards - nada. Went in close and pitched for some kitty's.
Even got to try one of TD's chubs - drag it around weightless on a pop-n-drop setup. Still no takers. So we headed back toward the marina.

Saw some fellow boats reaching for a net, so something happening out there. Caught some micro-boils as we entered the harbor. Tried pitching a popper, and some kastmasters. We circled the marina and found some jumpers and some little tugs - but still no hookups. Dark was on - packed out the boat.

I went ahead and pitched a bit more from the dock, then on to the inlet. Tossed out a chub under a lighted bobber, and kept pitching the topwater (white/red head/bucktail).
So of course while I'm pitching, my glowing bobber starts taking a walk. Drop and run - tighten down - and set the hook! Not. - nothing to grab. So re-pitch, and it starts disappearing, and moving horizontal - hit again! No hookup. Mighta just grabbed it by the tail, instead of wolfing it down. Think my hook mighta been too small.

Kept pitching at bumps, and floating the glowing bobber. Then snagged up - time to go. So if you find a still-glowing bobber at the end of the inlet, lemme know. All my luck there's a 5 lb Cat attached to the end with a fat chub in his cheeks!

Hope someone else out there got on some boils. Conditions (except water temp) where great. Glass calm - coulda seen boils, if they were there.

Hope PV does for ya. Love to hear how it goes. Got an envelope off yesterday with a couple BFT stickers. Hafta see what outings we can pull before weather changes.
I didn't want to post about my fishing trip to Pineview Saturday because:
I chose my fishing holes & lures & tied all my knots the night before.
I had good advice on where to go.
I had the right equipment.
I was due for a fish because I have not had any luck with Muskies yet.
I was out of reasons and excuses if I didn't catch one
AND I DIDN'T GET: A MUSKIE, A FOLLOWER, OR A BITE OR ANYTHING!!
Well except rained on and hung on with the other fishers trying to get one last muskey before the weather and water temps got too unpredictable.

I did get more experience both getting skunked and fishing, got shocked, cold & wet. Embarrassed to admit that I know better but I'll probably end up doing the same thing again before the ice is here.

I also want to apologize if someone with a (801) 264-#### called to join us. I don't know how I missed the call but I did. I called back but it rang & rang.

I was surprised to see how many other fishermen & boat were out there. If you were there Saturday the 23rd let me know how you did. I know a couple boats got some fish and I think I saw a guy on shore reel in a splashing mess. Went over to talk to them but they left the middle point area as I headed over.
[signature]