Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Tubing
I just found your forum. I am new to Float Tubing, I bought a Buck's Bags Bullet on Ebay, or should I say I was watching one on Ebay that was at $65 with less than 1 hour to go when I gave the computer to my wife. She asked if it was a good price, I said absolutely! She said I'm going to bid $75 on it. It immediately went to $76, I said, no more as it will just keep jumping and went back to watching TV. Well an hour went by and my wife said, uh oh, I said what, she said, I messed up and bid $85 and got it for $77. Do I love my Wife, ABSOLUTELY!!! The reason I wanted a tube was I had a mild heart attack in January, 3 Stents later and I'm back in service. I love fishing though I'm not very good at it and figured the tube would be good exercise for me. Now, hopefully I can save enough for waders, fins and all the necessities before spring. I have been reading the posts in the forum and see almost everyone is west of the Rockies. I live in the Hudson Valley of New York State, and fish Canopus Lake in Putnam Valley from the shore. Now I will be able to get out to deeper water where the fish live!!![Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Welcome, and congrats on the new tube. That is great!
Good health to you for sure.

I am thinking of heading east to NY next year with my sister to visit family, getting kind of excited to be there.
I would love to fish some of the rivers for some of those MONSTER brown.
[signature]
My wife's sister lives right outside Salt Lake City, that's funny, Don't know where in New York you will be but if your near the Catskill Mountains, the fishing for Brown and Rainbow Trout is great. This is the itty bitty lake I like to fish in Putnam County
http://www.anglerweb.com/fishingspots/Fi...pus%20lake
[signature]
that looks like perfect Tubing waters.
[signature]
I'll find out next spring, right down the center is where all the ice fishing occurs in the winter.
The Hudson was coming back, famous for Stripped Bass, but now they are dredging the PCB's up by Troy which will force them down stream towards us.[mad] Cities like Poughkeepsie, Catskill and Hudson draw their drinking water from the river. Jeez, they can't leave well enough alone!!![crazy]
Anyway, I get mine from a well, I live 1 mile inland from the river[Smile]
[signature]
Interesting. I can't wait to see how it fishes.
[signature]