Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a tragedy for my ego/ starvation 08/20/03
I went out to starvation yesterday and didn't get out on the water until way later than I had planned (around 8:30) for some walleye fishing. Well after studying on what I should use I rigged up my float tube, then rigged up my wifes and we headed out across the water. Well I went a little slow because of the drag of my sonar and other implements and the next thing I know my wife is shouting from way ahead of me and has on a nice 16" walleye. So there was the first shot to the ego. I had never caught one and here my wife is catching one. Then she promptly caught another one. After three more hours I finally caught a 12" one and it just happened to be the smallest. Well to make a long story short we only caught three, but the fishing was ok other than fighting the strong winds. We also caught one smallie and a huge chub. I autopsied the walleye and they all had very empty tummies so they are not actively feeding yet. They were all at about 13 feet in the morning and at about 20 ft in the afternoon. I can't waite to get back out there soon and try again.

Jed Burton
[signature]
[size 1]It does the soul good to have your ego flushed occasionally. Also, to see those you take fishing catch more than you.[/size]

[size 1]Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. [/size][size 1]-Henry David Thoreau[/size]
Way to go Jed, even if you did not catch the first or the biggest walleye at least you got one. What were you using to catch those eyes. WH2
[signature]
You better watch out when your wife actually learns how to fish. As I recall, this is her first year fishing. Consider it a major compliment when the student outfishes the teacher. Glad to hear you finally caught some of those walleyes that you have been seaking. How did that new fishfinder work for you?
[signature]
i was just wondering where you were fishing? and what you were using? i fished rabbit gulch last weekend, between two of us we caught 8 eyes using worm harnesses and jigs tipped with crawlers.
[signature]
the fishfinder worked great. It showed the fish well and most importantly the bottom of the lake. I still need to learn how to read it a little better, but I think I made a wise choice.

Jed

how was the fishing last monday?
[signature]
I was using a worm harness with two red beads and a silver blade about 2 inches above the beads and a 1/16 th oz sinker. I think our main problem was fishing late.

Jed
[signature]