Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's 11/6
Headed to Henry's lake with a couple friends today. One of them had to work until 9 am this morning so we got a late start. Finally got up there about noon and launched the drift boat at the State Park ramp, but good grief it was combat fishing at the ramp! Fortunately everyone seemed polite and readily moved out of the way of boats coming and going without being asked [Smile]. We however headed out and started towards Howard creek area. I quickly has some followers behind my 1/4 oz crocodile spoon but no takers. After a while I did get some hits and then landed 3 fish all in the 2-3 # range and safely returned. Then nothing for a while. I switched to a kastmaster to provide lift and stay out of the weeds better and first cast another fish on! I ended up going through several different lures but those were the top producers and got one on a worm under a bobber. One of my buddies landed 3 on a small scud type fly below a thingamabobber. My other buddy only landed one on my kastmaster lure. In the end there were 12 fish landed and about 6 or so lost part way in. 2 were kept d/t injuries sustained d/t trying to remove trebels from a still p.o.ed fish and a swallowed worm hook. Overall, a good day. weather was beautiful. Pics to follow tomorow.
[signature]
Sounds like a great afternoon on the water! Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Here are the pics from my outing yesterday. Although I'm almost embarrassed to post them after seeing that beast Everret caught Friday. Oh well, still they were fish and fun to catch! [fishin]

Included one pic of the zoo at the State Park ramp.
[signature]
Looks like a fun day. The ramp looks much more crowded then the morning I was there with my kids.

That Howard Creek hole seems to be good early and then the fish get scattered by all the boats.

Windriver
[signature]
We must get spoiled by expectations at Henrys. Those are good fish ANYWHERE.

What a phenomenal fishery!
[signature]