Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Utah Fish to Catch N Why?--Pics?
Whats your favorite fish to catch in Utah and why? Post a pic up if you got one.[fishin]
[signature]
PERCH hands down. Why, because I can take the kids with me, the lakes are close, and I love ice fishing. Usually taking the kids perching gives them opportunities to catch fish so they not only have fun, but they also learn something every time they are bringing one up. For kids it's not so much the size that counts as much as just getting the rod to bend over. Their excitement when they hook one is worth more than anything.
Wiper! Hardest fight'n fish in fresh water. (almost I forgot how hard a fresh Steelhead can fight [shocked]) Here in Utah though the Wiper wins hands down![cool]
[signature]
Hey, Great post and Idea.

I changed the post title so that it would be easier for others to search for later on and make it easier to find on the forum.

My favorite fish are probably the UL catfish and White Bass. They are loads of fun and easy to catch. Good eating too!!

Shawn M
[signature]
ok thanks, and nice pics thats a big cat and was that a Walleye next to all thoes White Bass?
[signature]
Yeah, we usually catch them in or around the white bass while fishing for other stuff.

Shawn
[signature]
Stripers on top water at Lake Powell.
[signature]
I agree with the stripers, they are a blast too. Never caught one in Utah though only in Arizona when the in-laws move to Havasu for the winter. Most fun ever fishing was for Rooster Fish in Mexico, Salmon fishing in Alaska is a close second.
Willard Wipers for sure for us...
[signature]
Well love catching all fish through out utah but get excited when I catch a big SMB or LMB don't really know why but they always put up a fight and never disappoint me.
[signature]
Bear lake whites...........

Why? For me they are a blast to catch on light tackle and are great tablefare.

I look forward to November fishing from the boat when all the "PEOPLE" are gone!
[signature]
Well for me it's always been small mouth. Compared to wipers, not the dogged pull but more variety. However, if you go to size, the blues win hands down. Just my 2 cents with somewhat limited/restricted experience. [Smile][Smile]

[inline "sm 1.jpg"]
[signature]
The spring time I spend a lot of time chasing walleyes
the summer time i spend a lot of time chasing kokanee
The fall I seam to chase the strippers more
The winter I chase perch and prey for a walleye.
I don't really have a favorite fish, that being said I chase walleye the most.
[signature]
[quote jekern1015]The fall I seam to chase the strippers more[/quote]

Uhh...hehe, let's get back on topic here, eh?[Wink]
[signature]
I'm a huge fan of bluegill, catfish, and crappie. I love how Angry the bluegill are for their size and they are prolific. I love catfish because of the fight and a channel cat was the first big fish I ever caught as a kid. Crappie are also high up on my list. They are delicious!
[signature]
alpine lakes Brookies- beautifil fish / beautiful settings
[signature]
Nice fish Man!

We need to hook up again on the ice this year!

Shawn M
[signature]
Most definitely. I can't wait.
[signature]
Great thread! I have many favorites.
Walleye because they are sneaky lil devils and great table fare.
Bass, Carp, Kitty Kats and Trout for the fight.
Tiggers because they are beautiful.
Sunnies because the kiddies giggle when they catch one.
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
Fun Question! For me, I 'd have to say tiger musky. They're not the toughest fighters..... that honor I would give to wipers followed closely by smallmouth, but what they may lack in duration of fight they make up for with sheer explosiveness, airbourne antics, and big size. There's nothing like watching a your lure disappear into a swirl the size of a computer desk, or seeing a 3 foot plus fish drill your lure right next to the boat. It will about give you heart failure! Fred K.
[signature]