Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge
Went back to Buckboard last Fri (5th) Such a great day I couldn't resist. Only one truck in parking lot when I arrived at about 10 am. One other boat arrived before I got in water. Tried fishing shallower water this time, with good success. The water temp was still 52 in morning and 54 when I left about 3pm. I fished water that was from 19 to 25 ft. deep. Flat lined a rappala on one pole and put a red wedding ring on a downrigger at 15 ft with the other pole. Caught 17 Rainbows most from 15 to 19 in. Released all but two . Also caught my biggest rainbow yet, a 26 1/2 incher. By the time I got him measured , he wouldn't hold still and I was by myself, I was afraid I would hurt him so I didn't get a pic. released him so I can catch him next year. Most of the fish came on the downrigger at 15 ft, which was from 4 to 10 ft. from bottom. When I left I stopped at the store and talked to a couple of guys who had been fishing from shore. They had caught a "bunch" mostly on worms on the bottom, so it sounds like you don't need a boat.
[signature]
nice report thank's !FYI there is a wyoming board to post wyo reports on[Wink].
[signature]