Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-pound bow at da Berry
Tribune has anothe[url "http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfishing/50641498-83/fish-fishing-marc-minutes.html.csp"]r big fish report from Strawberry, this one a rainbow.[/url]
[signature]
Wow, now that's a nice bow.
[signature]
Very nice[cool]
[signature]
Does one inch make that much difference? I caught a slightly over 25 inch rainbow that was very healthy about two weeks ago. It weighed 4.5 pounds. I did release it but it's hard to believe one inch can equal 3.5 pounds. Thoughts?
According to this chart. It's that GIRTH I guess. Nice fish. I have a few as well that I now question the weight.[cool]

http://www.trailstotrout.com/calculator.html

My scale weighs like yours does though....[crazy]
[signature]
Wow! Strawberry is actually becoming worthwhile to fish again with those big 'bows!
[signature]
Just an observation, two weeks ago I caught a 27 1/4 inch cut, on the metal fish rule, that weighed just under a smidge of 7 lbs. That is on a digital scale, and if it moved it went to 7# 14oz. didn't have to move that much either. It was not as gurthey as this bow. So you have my vote for 8+.
[signature]
Totally depends on the fish and what its girth is! I caught a rainbow at Strawberry a few years ago that weighed 7 pounds and it was only 24.5 inches long! Fattest trout I have ever seen. I've caught multiple cutthroats at the Berry the same length, but none even came close to seven pounds. Rainbows can get some hefty shoulders on them, but not every fish is built the same. Thats like saying if your 6 feet tall you should weigh 200 pounds. Not the way it works! [Wink]
[signature]
Who weighs these fish that are posted on this site or in the newpaper? That's my thought.
For some fun, what would all of you say the size and weight of this fish is?

[Image: IMG_1905.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1906.jpg]
[signature]
9.75#'s
[signature]
I would say around 11-12 pounds.
[signature]
31" 10.5 lbs
[signature]
Pretty obvious that's not the way it works.