Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKY LOOKY, WHO'S A BROOKIE
[cool]Hey, tubeN2, you have graduated pretty fast from worm to brook trout.
[signature]
[cool] Thanks TubeDad, Gosh it only took coming out of the shell and start talking to others. Not to mention how much fun it is.
[signature]
yee-haa there buddy ! congrats ! but don't let your daddy catch you talking to snowbirds ! we've been known to corrupt a few good minds .
[signature]
[cool]No danger there...about the GOOD MIND. Anyway, our fambly has served time in the cold north country. TubeN2 knows about the white stuff in the winter...and that it ain't popcorn on the ground.

He's been Californicated for so long, though, that he probably needs a refresher course. But I don't know that I would entrust that to a Michigander.
[signature]
I am living proof! not everyone lives through the things they put you through...I was a normal kid with a good head, but now look at me![crazy][crazy][crazy]

joe
[signature]
OH , IT HURTS ! SOMBODY PULL THAT KNIFE OUTTA MY BACK ! LOL ![crazy]

YOU KNOW THAT I WOULDN'T PUT ANY IDEAS INTO HIS HEAD THAT A FEW MONTHS OR YEARS OF HIGH DOLLER THEROPY WOULDN'T CURE [Tongue] .

ON THE SERIOUS SIDE ( YES I HAVE ONE OF THOSE , BUT I'M TRYING MY BEST TO CURE THAT ),

I'VE READ A LOT OF HIS POSTS , YOU GOTTA BE ONE PROUD PA PA ![Wink][cool]
[signature]
YEA , I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN , I WAS PRETTY NORMAL TOO , YOUR DAD HAS A CERTIN MAGIC WITH PEOPLE , LOL ![laugh]
[signature]
[cool]Heredity is what the parent of a gifted child believes in.

TubeN2 became a fisherman early. Although his first fish...a trout from Lake Arrowhead, in California...was kinda traumatic. At age 4, the workings of a spinning reel were a bit complicated for him. In the excitement of cranking in the "hatchery pet", the strings on his hooded sweatshirt tangled in the turning bail on the reel, and suddenly the reel froze up. Not to worry. Number two son (one older brother) just backed up until he dragged the poor trout up on the bank. The tears of frustration quickly became the laughter of accomplishment...and another fisherman was born.

In the grand family tradition, his one and only son is developing a severe case of fishitis too. Recently got his first fish on the rod Grandpa made for him and now that's all he wants to do...go fishin'. Dang. Kinda reminds me of me. There's that heredity thing again.

And, on a personal note, LH, I would entrust the fine art of fishing education of my progeny to you anytime. You have done a fine job with your own.
[signature]
HEY , REMEMBER WHO YOUR TALKING TO HERE BUDDY , FLATTERY GOES TO MY HEAD ! THERE WON'T BE A BIGFISH CAP TO FIT IT IF YOU KEEP THAT KINDA TALK GOING ON , BESIDES I GOT A REP TO PRESERVE [Tongue] .

I'M GLAD TO SEE THE THIRD GENERATION IS OFF TO A GOOD START AS WELL , YOUR BOTH DOING ONE FINE JOB , COURSE IT DOSEN'T SEEM RIGHT ON CALLING IT A JOB WHEN IT BRINGS SO MUCH PLEASURE .

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A PIC OF ALL THREE GENERATIONS FISHING IN THE TUBES .
[signature]
[cool]We're hatchin' a plan for that very thing over Thanksgiving. Might develop into the annual Tube Family regatta. (No need to watch for it in Sports Illustrated or on ESPN yet)

Here's one of the first pics in which tubeN2 appeared with a fish. He's the little towhead (blonde) right in front of the halibut. Number one daughter and Number one son are to the right. Oh yeah, the good looking one (besides the fish) is yours truly. The pic was taken in Santa Barbara, California in the late sixties.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0532358.jpg]

Here's a couple more pics from the fishing days in Utah...and his first tubing trip...a twilighter on Willard Bay for whiskerfish.
[signature]
GREAT PICS TUBEDUDE ! A GREAT LOOKING BUNCH TOO ! DON'T YOU WISH THEY COULD HAVE STAYED THAT SMALL A LITTLE LONGER , KIDS ARE SO MUCH FUN AT THAT AGE . MINE ARE GROWING UP TOO FAST FOR ME .
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, it's like the old song "Turn Around"...about everytime you turn around, they are older. All of a sudden, you turn around and they are gone...making families of their own.

When they are growing up, sometimes you want to spin them ahead on fast forward, to get them out of the house. But once they are gone you would sometimes give anything to go back to certain happy times and happy places.

If you are the "Fool on the Hill", when you see them growing older, you see yourself growing older too.

Treasure the times you get to spend with your family. As I recently was reminded, there may come a time when you no longer have the option of being with them any more.
[signature]
[cool] Hey there TubeDad,

I was just mentioning to Sean about the Bugle Mouth Bass fest that we had at Willard Bay that day. He couldn't believe the amount of fish we caught that day just to give away all the biggest ones. hee hee.
[signature]
[cool] Hats off to you lonehunter. Jes like TD says, I've had my share of the white stuff between living in Utah and Idaho for some of the years of my life. There is nothing I miss more than sucking on ma nightcrawlers to keep them warm in the winter for ice fishing. What I don't miss is that darn 6' ice auger to carry around so that I can tube in the winter lakes. hee hee. I think my dad will have to get a U-Haul truck or something so that we can all float tube together in AZ over Thanksgiving Holliday. Does anyone have any other idea on a family rig for float tubes?????
[signature]
[cool]Hey tube jr,

You can get the whole family in this sucker, but perhaps not your dad.[Tongue]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=459;]
[signature]
[cool] Hey Dryrod,

cool idea but where can I strap my Grandma?? I was looking more on ideas for a donut stacking rig. Haven't seen one of those yet.
[signature]
[cool]Hey tube jr,

If you can Saddle this sucker - grandma would get a thrill riding him.[Wink]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=460;]
[signature]
[Tongue] Thanks Dryrod,

I guess you don't need fins or a fish finder with that model. It looks pretty much self contained.
[signature]
[cool]We couldn't put Granny on that gator. She likes to spur a lot and that might mess up the value of the skin, if we was to wanna make a suitcase out it or sumthin.

Actually, Granny (my dear 85 year old mother) is slowing down a bit, and probably would elect to miss the frivolity. She prefers to stay home most of the time. All she asks is that we give her a call about a half hour before we get home so she can run off the male strippers and pack out the empties. She is still conscious of trying to maintain an image.
[signature]
[cool]Hey TubeDude,

Family is nice! Love them while you can.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=464;]
[signature]