Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon versus conventional tube
I have used a conventional tube for years. Half of you in the water so when it's cold you need waders or if you are on a private lake you need them,etc

My friend turned me onto these single person pontoon ones. You are completley out of the water, you use oars instead of your feet so you are propelled very easy and because of the design there is hardly any resistance.

Also some models you can add a small electric motor which makes getting around very easy.

They range from $300--$2,000 depending on how elaborate you wanna get. Sportmart.com has a nice one for $300 and there are other websites offering them too.

Once you have been on one of these compared to a traditional tube it's real hard to go back. Good to think about for your next investment ( tubers [cool] )

They are very stable and fun and you sit high in the water making you more visible. Only downside I have found so far that there weight can range from 50 pounds to 300 pounds!! [shocked]

Mine only weighs like 55 so I am okay. Anyway just a heads up from the new worm on the site[Wink]

Joe
[signature]
alright..... your name is joe too! two people from lakewood, and both are named joe...what are the odds.[laugh][laugh][laugh][Wink]

joe
[signature]
Yep. I am live near JapanRon too
[signature]