Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rigby Lake Hardeck Report.
Did the three minute drive to Rigby Lake this morning and was expecting some fast action. My son and I went down to the edge and using my ice axe checked and it seemded OK went out drilled a test hole and the ice was right about four inches, but I will say it felt as not the stable four inches[:/] Went to find the twenty foot trench and was soon drilling holes with the Nils; in about three minutes I had our ten holes and was setting up. I expected it to be fast, but it was not in two hours of fishing we iced six and missed 4-5. I really don't think there is a lot of fish in there. With every fish I marked on the Vex only one did not bite, at least the few that are in there will bite. It was not a bad day, but just in the last two years my typical mornings consisted of 25-40 fish iced. I am not trying to discourage you all from fishing here, in fact I hope it picks up. I want Rigby Lake to be an establshed family ice fishing spot, so plase give it a try.

Best collars were chartruce paddlebugs, or a chartuce head with a pink tail. No bite and mealies, traditional crawler worked best.

OvidCreek
[signature]