• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When should a fish be left alone ???
When fish & game puts a end to the season ! "b-nice"
[signature]
amazing picture johny.
[signature]
Prespawn..............
[signature]
Prespawn ? from the ocean to the beds ! hmmmmm.........
we're all fishing prespawn ! Its the best time to fish, thats why we have a season ,come the end of the season in April thy well be on the beds "spawning"
[signature]
a fish should be left alone while it is wrapped in tin foil in the oven
[signature]
lol know that was funny..
[signature]
On their reds.

[Image: tmp78883sw.jpg]
[signature]
[quote johnnyrainbow]Prespawn ? from the ocean to the beds ! hmmmmm.........
we're all fishing prespawn ! Its the best time to fish, thats why we have a season ,come the end of the season in April thy well be on the beds "spawning"[/quote]

As in the time frame when a fish such as a steelhead is making its final push up stream to the hatchery or the gravel. In Idaho I have witnessed steelhead attempting to spawn as early as mid january however they should be left alone during march, april, and even into may.
[signature]
Thats good ! "I agree" [sly] But buy law you can ! and thy will and that won't interfere with my experience! life is short ! Thy will lorn and I"ll will be busy fishing. I well report a poacher ! but won't confront one. I'll leave that up to the Worden,so the good lord said to me "Its not what they do, its what you do ! All the best ! [blush]
[signature]
Have fun with the rest of the law abiding crackers in march and april..............
[signature]
"b-nice" [unimpressed]
[signature]
[quote STEELHEADKID]Have fun with the rest of the law abiding crackers in march and april..............[/quote]

Go away
[signature]
Interesting analagy. The law does allow fishing for Steelie's during the spawning month's. The law allows for lots of things that may or may not be right.

For me personally....(and I'm being nice), just stating my opinion that I no longer find it sporting to hook a fish which is in the process of getting ready to die, as soon as it is done completing the cycle.

That being said, it's not what they do, it's what I do.
[signature]
i see what your getting at metalhead but in my opinion, any fish that has the drive of a salmon or a steelhead to come hundreds of miles is a challenge for me. Many fish that we fish after here in idaho are spawning while we target them. walleye in the spring. the cutts at henry's at the opener, bass laying on there nests. now not all of these fish die after they spawn but certainly more than you think. i think the average life span of a cutt in henry's is only 2 1/2 years if i remember right. Now the diffrence with a steelhead or salmon... they dont eat so even more of a challenge. I like Dons opinion "i believe the wish were put here for us not us here for the fish". Respect the fish none the less
[signature]
Shows ya how dumb I am I didn't know Steelhead died after they spawned . I didn't know they stopped eating . I knew Salmon did . Curt G.
[signature]
They're not genetically programmed to die like Pacific salmon are. Repeat spawning among steelhead is possible, just not common.

http://www.nwfsc.noaa.gov/publications/t...fehist.htm
[signature]
Jigs, don't quote me but Henry's Cutt is more around 4 years. 2 1/2 is a little short. They grow fast but not that fast
I e-mail Damon on this though, and a Brookie and a Hybrid.
[signature]
some steelhead do make it back to the ocean to spawn again.
[signature]
idaho steelhead cant get back out to the ocean there is no way for them to get back threw the damns. in many of the coastal streams steelhead can get back to the ocean and spawn multipal times... fly maybe i am thinking they live to spawn twice. i read an artical somewere last about there spawning. it was something like 1/3 of the spawning fish die each year because it is so hard on there bodies.
[signature]
I have a question ? The fish they plant in the Boise river . Where do they come from ? I thought they were fish that were spawned out at the Hatchery and then realesed there . To be caught instead of going to waste ? . Curt G.
[signature]