Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey there folks.
To be blunt, I myself am not really a fisher. Definitely something I'm interested in getting into, but thats not why I'm here today.

I've got a quick question and thought you folks could help me out.

My girlfriends parents are fishers, especially her father. While doing some Christmas shopping her mother had given us a bit of help in buying something fishing related. She didn't really know what it was called though. Here is how she describes it.

Her father and mother do some jig fishing (just found out what a jig was 10 minutes ago [blush]) but her father is the one that has to switch out the jigs for both of them. She had mentioned something about a jig stringer that makes stringing the jig easier. I've been surfing the web trying to track down such an item, but alas with no luck.

Perhaps you guys could share some of your knowledge with me? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I do not recognize the term "jig stringer"...or the reason for needing something like that. I fish jigs most of the time and I simply tie my jigs directly to the line...with a variety of knots. Some people do like to use "snaps" or snap swivels, to make it easier to change jigs without having to keep tieing new knots. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you are fishing larger jigs, the addition of some hardware...like a snap swivel...will not do much to detract from the appearance of your lure. But if you are fishing smaller jigs any extra weight or size added to your lure might both kill the action and mess up the look.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suggest you look on line for "fishing knots" and try to find some good videos that demonstrate how to tie good fishing knots. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope that helps.[/#0000ff]
[signature]