Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to Henrys on 01-01-11
I am planning on being there, just wondering how many other members are going to be there. I can't wait to pull some of those hogs out of the ice. If you see two big blue shelters (calm comand posts) come over and say hi.
[signature]
I haven't decided yet. Not having ever fished it at that time of year I don't know how it will be. I would imagine they will bite more lightly as there metabolisms slow down.

Anyway I will probably end up there with the rest of the ice fishermen from three states.

Windriver
[signature]
I will be there . I already have my new licence . Curt G.
[signature]
I'll be there weather permitting. Last year I tried to go to Chesterfield and got snowed out. We ended up going to Devils Creek instead. Hopefully no blizzard on New Years this year.
[signature]
I want to go, it just depends if I can talk my wife into going with me.
[signature]
Ha, maybe a better question would be who is not planning on it? [Wink]
[signature]
I will be there for sure and i will probably be wandering around looking to say hi to people.
[signature]
Haha true. I wont be there but If I was going I sure as heck wouldnt be at the popular spots. There will be a good 18 inches of ice by then. If it were me I'd be on a snowmobile back in the outlet.
[signature]
count me in[cool]
[signature]
Ah, you might want to check and make sure.

IDAHO FISH AND GAME
HEADQUARTERS NEWS RELEASE
Boise, ID

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/releas...ewsID=5671

"In Henrys Lake, a month-long ice-fishing season, which closes November 30, was extended through January 1, 2012."

It is confusing. Does the EXTENSION of the season start at the end of 2011 to 2012? It IS the season is extended, but it is officially closed right now.
You all might want to made POSITIVE sure.
[signature]
I just sent an E-Mail to Fish and Game to Verify one way or the other . I find it hard to believe that the Post Register would say it will be open and also on Jarred Scott's Outdoors TV show they talked about it being open . I will post what fish and game says as soon as they reply . Curt G.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]"In Henrys Lake, a month-long ice-fishing season, which closes November 30, was extended through January 1, 2012."[/quote]

when i read that, it tells me you can continue to ice fish until it closes for the season, on 1JAN... but thats just glancing at it of course
[signature]
True, but t is closed right now. They have extended the open season, so does that mean we have to wait till it is OPEN again for the extended season.

Seriously, opening for ONE DAY does seem a little crazy. Plus all the extra man power for a day I expect to be HUGE depending on the weather.

Next year will be different because ice fishers will have had the whole month for Henry's and New Years would just be another day.

I just don't want all to take it for granted to only get a big disappointment.
[signature]
Just talked to fish and game office in Idaho falls and they did confirm that Henrys lake will be open to fish on 1/1/11.[cool]
[signature]
I will try my very best to be as far away from Henrys as I can on January 1st[cool]
[signature]
its icefishing man! its like a fishing party and is extremely fun when there is a bunch of people given that all the rules are followed.
[signature]
[font "Consolas"]This is the reply from Fish and Game I recieved today Curt G. Yes, it is true that on January 1, 2011 you will be able to fish Henrys Lake. The lake will then close to fishing from January 2, 2011 to May 27, 2011. On May 28, 2011 the lake will open again, and remain open until January 2, 2012. It's a bit confusing, but after this first year will make more sense. This is part of a regulations overhaul that IDFG just completed. Part of the regulation changes included a month long extension to the Henrys Lake season, but the new regulations do not take effect until January 1 of the new year thereby creating a one month closure in the fishery followed by a one day open season. Clear as mud? If you have additional questions, please call me at the number below.[/font]
[font "Consolas"]> [/font]
[font "Consolas"]> Dan Garren[/font]
[font "Consolas"]> 208-525-7290[/font]
[signature]
He sent me the same reply word for word
[signature]