Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Crappie Teams Up With F3
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas -For many years now, Wally Marshall of Garland, Texas, better known as Mr. Crappie, has been traveling the country as an ambasSador of fishing in general and crappie fishing in particular. He's a top competitor in fishing tournaments and has developed an extensive line of crappie-fishing tackle and lures sold primarily through Bass Pro Shops. Millions of American anglers who love crappie fishing consider him an icon.

Now Mr. Crappie is teaming up with the Future Fisherman Foundation (F3) to be an ambasSador for F3's important youth-education programs such as Hooked on Fishing Not on Drugs and Physh Ed. To show he's serious about his support, he donated $1,000 to support F3's efforts on behalf of youth-fishing educators nationwide. And he's pledged to help promote F3's programs at public speaking engagements and fishing events throughout the year.

"Everyone who knows me knows I love kids and spend as much time as possible sharing the joys of fishing with children," said Marshall. "There's no better way to light up a youngster's face than getting him or her on the water and letting them catch fish. That's why the Future Fisherman Foundation is so important. F3 trains educators nationwide to deliver quality fishing-education programs through schools, parks, service clubs, state wildlife agencies and other organizations. And through those programs, many children have their first fishing experiences, experiences that lead many of them to become lifelong, conservation-minded anglers. I want to show my support for the Foundation and help them in their efforts to provide fishing opportunities for every youngster in America."

"We're extremely grateful Mr. Crappie has become a spokeman for the Foundation," said F3 Board Chair Kerry Campbell (pictured in the accompanying photo with Marshall). "Wally has always been a role model for others when it comes to taking kids fishing, and we know having such a well-known fishing personality assisting us in our efforts will be invaluable in accomplishing our mission. We're proud he's joined us as a partner."

Established in 1986, the Future Fisherman Foundation unites the sportfishing industry and a nationwide network of state outdoor educators, national conservation groups and youth organizations dedicated to introducing America's youth to angling and the outdoors. These efforts help people of all ages have safe and enjoyable fishing experiences that foster conservation ethics. Visit www.futurefisherman.org.