Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rod holder
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]You can make your own rod case from a 3" pvc pipe, a end cap, two pieces of foam for end caps and a screw on cap. Glue on the foam end pieces before gluing on the end cap. Drill a small air hole in container to allow for air pressure release. For further protection make yourself a cloth bag to put your rod in before placing in the case.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] I use a couple clamps to mount one to the roof rack on my jeep .The rods are safe from breakage going back and forth .[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]A small key lock can be mounted inside the end cap and a notch inside the tube wall for "some" saftey . but i leave the extra rods locked inside the car . the empty tube is easy to replace , the rods aren't .[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Those make great sturdy rod holders. You can also drive around behind carpet stores and get the heavy cardboard tubes they have left over after selling the carpet. I made a good airplane proof rod holder out of heavy cardboard, with two tuna fish cans filament taped to each end. I'll bet it drove the gorilla crazy trying to bust that heavy tube.

Some carpet places are wising up to all the uses for those tubes and want to charge for them now. How rude!

PVC us purtyer anyways. Love my PVC.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Check with your local seafood seller for styrofoam boxes that atlantic salmon are packaged in . Many stores will give you the box for free or a low fee.They make great bait boxes or storage containers for your gear that might get crushed ( reels , lures ect .. [/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Arial Narrow"][size 4]Hey lonehunter,[/size][/font]

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 4]Good idea, and they will probably float too![Wink][/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool] If only tupperware and Rubbermaid knew what many of thier containers were use for they would probably thy to compete in the rod holder business as well.
[signature]
yea , the lock gevice to use is a desk draw lock , mount it inside the cap , allow enough clearance when drilling yhe hole for the tube wall .
[signature]