Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mackay Pics
Here are a few pics from our trip to Mackay yesterday. The kids were so excited to eat Kokanee they almost couldnt wait to cook them.[Smile]

Windriver

[inline Mackay#1.jpg]

[inline "Mackay #4.jpg"]

[inline "Mackay #5.jpg"]

[inline Mackay#2.jpg]
[signature]
UMMM GOOD!

What a great day, good job!
[signature]
looks like a great day ! Thanks for sharing-hoping to finally hit the hard deck this week [cool]
[signature]
Great pics! I can't believe it was that sunny for you; I had nothing but a winter wonderland. Just shows you what topography can do with storm fronts. I am seriously thnking about staying in Arco a night and hitting Mackay twice. I would come out even considering gas and it would make for a shorter second trip. As far as a second limit on a second day I know it is legal and if I filet my fish I see know problem, but still I wonder about a 2nd day F&G check. If I save my hotel reciept I should be OK; I guess steelhead fisherman deal with this all the time. I am planning a salmon bake for Christmas Eve.

OvidCreek
[signature]
Ya, some were worried about the storms. We didn't see any storms and had clear roads. Like I said, it made for great wildlife viewing.

Windriver
[signature]
Steelhead or salmon is a little differnt because of the "tag" issue where date, unit, number of fish were taken. Maybe one of us should contact fish and game and see what one would do in that situation ive thought about it alot just havent been in that boat. I know theres possesion limits but how do u prove whats from yesterday and whats from today?
[signature]
Unfortunately, I don't think that works. Possession limit applies to any fish while in the field or being transported to the final place of consumption or storage.

You have to take them home first.

Salmon and Steelhead are different rules.
[signature]
You can only have one limit . It does not matter how many days you are there . You could cook and eat some of them on day one and go out the next day and replace the ones you ate the day before . Also remember you can have 25 brookies besides your trout or Salmon limit . Curt G.
[signature]
[font "Helvetica-Bold"][size 1][font "Helvetica-Bold"][size 1]
[left]BAG LIMIT:
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Helvetica"][size 1][font "Helvetica"][size 1]The maximum number of fish that may be lawfully
[left]harvested by any one person in one day. The term “bag limit”
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Helvetica"][size 1][font "Helvetica"][size 1]
[left]shall be construed to be an individual, independent effort and
[left]shall not be interpreted in any manner as to allow an individual
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Helvetica"][size 1][font "Helvetica"][size 1]
[left]to take more fish than their “bag limit” and including them in
[left]filling the “bag limit” of another. The bag and possession limits
[left]are equal, except where listed in region exceptions and for
salmon and steelhead.
[frown]
[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[signature]
Guys,

Thanks for the feed back; looks like it will be a one day trip. I always appreciate the immediate feedack and quotations. One of many reasons I love this site!

OvidCreek
[signature]
Ovidcreek - You must also remember that you cannot transport trout without the head and tail attatched. This includes the kokanee.
[signature]
Thank you for this insight; I have never filleted and transported in the field, nor will I with this information.

OC
[signature]
[quote IAintLying][font "Helvetica-Bold"][size 1][font "Helvetica-Bold"][size 1]
[left]BAG LIMIT:
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Helvetica"][size 1][font "Helvetica"][size 1]The maximum number of fish that may be lawfully
[left]harvested by any one person in one day. The term “bag limit”
[left]shall be construed to be an individual, independent effort and
[left]shall not be interpreted in any manner as to allow an individual
[left]to take more fish than their “bag limit” and including them in
[left]filling the “bag limit” of another. The bag and possession limits
[left]are equal, except where listed in region exceptions and for
salmon and steelhead.
[frown]
[/size][/font][/size][/font][/quote]

I have always thought, and still do so after seeing this quote that if the limit is 6 then that counts what is in your freezer as those that are in your possesion also.

So unless a seperate exception is made:

I could go catch 6 fish....or whatever a particular limit may be...go home, cook 1, freeze 5, then technically I can only catch one more the next day or untill I have less in posession?
Also, If I caught 6....or whatever the particular limit is....by noon, ate 2 for lunch, that is still my bag limit for the day as I kept 6 already that day even if I only have 4 left in possesion?
Is that how it works or is intended to be?
[signature]
I am really sorry. I posted off this thread about something that came up here and did not even mention your post.
Great photos and looks like a great day on the ice. Kids are lots of fun, and they grow so fast.
I did not mean to hijack your thread here.
[signature]
In answer to your question. Possession ends at your door step. Everything else is "afield." You can have a freezer full of trout as the law goes. [Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]