Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish count for 2011....
So, I have always wondered how many fish I catch in a year, I usually fish at least once and sometimes twice a week (more when on vacation) or a planned trip. So last January I told myself I was going to make a concerted effort to try and keep track of the fish I catch for a year, went out the window pretty fast.

So this year I am putting a log book in my vest and am really going to try and keep a record of the fish I catch in a year. Has anyone else tried or succeeded at this?
[signature]
Closes I came was a multi species quest one year. Sounds fun though, good luck.
[signature]
I've set that very goal many of times but I never remember to write it down so it never happens but one of these years I will!!! I'm on a species list for the coming2011 year
[signature]
Isn't there an "app for that" ? If not - maybe there should be!

I counted new species this year. Adding to my "lifelist" this past year, to borrow from my ornithology friends.

Wiper
Channel Cat
Carp, Suckers (Utah, Idaho)
Cut Throat Trout
Bull Trout
Tiger Trout (just today!)
Crappie
Tiger Musky

Still looking to land:
Walleye
Kokanee
White Bass

Been a good year for me - as far as adventuring to new locations, and getting to know some of my local waters better.
Great list to accomplish on a fly. Just goes to show, it can be done.
[signature]
I like the species list...............

For me on da fly -

LMB
SMB
trouts
bluegill
greensunfish
crappie
cat fish
frog
turtle
duck
Some of those are not fish and were landed
on accident.[Smile]

Goal- more of the same and then some =)

Peter
[signature]
the book in the vest is a good idea. i might get one of those fish shaped counters they sell at Round Rocks also... my catch of the year was a Commorant at roy pond on my back cast. scared the hell out of my dog and that little &^^$&&$& bit so hard i think ihad a tear peek
[signature]
Im betting that bird was as surprised as you were.. LOL..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Mike, if you mean total # of fish caught that's tough to keep track of. Most days even if I try I can't keep track of total #'s. I don't even bother most of the time. If I where to really try I think I'd buy one of those small tally counters or clickers. Attach it to your vest or something and get into the habit of tallying each fish after landing it. Just keep a running total on it. Despite getting my rear kicked up by Seedskadee half the time up there I figure I probable catch 1000+ trout most years. Let me know the next time you're heading that way if it's above freezing. Likely to be June the way the weather has been lately[:/]
[signature]
Yes I am going to try very hard to count every fish, I think I will log in my book a list of fish i.e Bows', Browns, Cutts etc and keep a running total of fish types caught and then a total of all fish, should be quite a challenge.
[signature]
I like the idea of the counter attached to your vest or something. I will have to look into that. Sometimes it is nice to know how many you catch especially if you are in a little competition with a buddy.[Wink]
[signature]