Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eldorado
got to the park at 10:00 am Got one bass at the point behind the ranger station on a yozuri rattle trap. Got my second across the way on a green ika. left at 12:30.
[signature]
I have tried fishing over there several times in the past and I only get tangled up or snagged on stuff.

I think the only thing I ever caught there was a blue gill [Sad]

You can't float tube there right?
[signature]
No float tubing but can say right now it takes time to catch a fish. I use the rattle trap cast is out real far, let it settle to the bottom, retrieve so tat it only rises about five inches off the bottom. If you hit weeds I give it a good pull usually the weeds come off. At times i have gotten hit as I pull it out of the weeds.

The IKA works great. I put it on a number five hook. Cast it out let it sink. on the retrieve I do three to four slow hops let it sit a second. Always maintain contact with the bottom. When I hit a patch of weed I hold my rod up high and gently shake it , like drop shot, This will slowly work it through the weed bed. I get hit usually after or just before the weeds. Green or oxblood red. Can also be pitched into the reeds.
[signature]