Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantsville?
Does anyone know if Grantsville, Settlement, heck even Vernon is capped yet? If no one knows I'll drive out tmrw, and report back. Thanks!
[signature]
My buddy drove out to Vernon yesterday and said the snow drifts were so bad he didn't make it to Bennion Ranch. Drove my stansbury park today and it was all open so I doubt Gville is capped? Same buddy was going to drive up to settlement and check today if I hear I'll post.
[signature]
Sounds good, thanks!
[signature]
Settlement is wide open. i was up there at around 4:45 today.
[signature]
G-ville and Settlement are wide open no ice at g-ville at all settlement has ice forming at the dam.
[signature]
Thanks for he help guys! Saved me a drive out in the morning.
[signature]
i fished the ice at grantsville on dec. 1st it was about 3 inches thick then it was gone in a couple days. i check it about 3-4 times a week the water is rising and the wind hasnt quit blowing in weeks. if you make the drive out watch out for cows there on the oil roads licking up the salt from the plows. theres alot of people fishing the boat ramps and leaving trash behind. there is a dumpster please use it or stay home.
[signature]
Dont worry about me, I'll pick up my garbage. That stuff makes me sick. That just makes us look bad, but too many are satisfied to leave their trash on the lake.
[signature]
Grantsville is capped but not safe. Maybe a 1/2 inch of clear ice should be good if the temps stay the way they are by Sunday.
[signature]
Any new ice reports from Tooele Valley?
[signature]
Fished settlement on 1/1/11 with about 3 inches of ice in the damn area and thinner the farther you went out. Fished it again the next morning it had gained almost an inch in the same area. Caught a couple of small bows and my 6 year old caught a small tiger also found a few chub for bait.
[signature]
Thats some good news there settelment is always good for a quick half day trip. and bait
[signature]
I hit up Grantsville this morning. It had plenty of ice. Fishing was great early, but shut off around 8:30. Man those rainbows are healthy out there!
[signature]
What was the ice thickness at Grantsville?
[signature]