Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 birds, 3 hours
Hours of scouting and who knows how many tanks of gas paid off big this week.

3 hours after unloading our decoys and only 45 minutes after our first shot was fired we limited out 5 guys on geese. One banded. Funnest shoot ever!
We had geese literally dropping on us from 5 directions at one time, we could hardly hear the shot called because they were honking so loud.
[inline geese.jpg]
[signature]
Wow! what a shoot! Seems like most goose hunting in Utah requires excessive amounts of scouting and landowner PR hours. Were you guys in snow blinds or ditch hunting it?
[signature]
I would think they were probably hunting Idaho where the limit is 4 birds per hunter.
[signature]
We were in our layouts. ya you definately gotta do your homework to get into the geese. this hunt put us up to 106 geese on the season, 4 banded
We only eat a several birds a year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Super bowl, don't know what I would do with anymore of them.
[signature]
I used to think the same way and i wouldn't eat much, Now i eat waterfowl all the time, bbq goose sandwichs at work, tons of jerky, crock pot roasts. I've really learned to love eating waterfowl! and it's a good way to make up for a little bit of the money i dump into the hunt!
[signature]
american falls field Wink?
[signature]
Never even been to A.F. but heard there's lots of birds up there, i've been wanting to get up there and scout, you got any tips for me?
[signature]
I have also done the goose jerky and smoked some. My cousin has a great recipe for goose jerky, I just prefer my elk & deer jerky better I have a great recipe for that. Not trying to say you shouldn't kill that many, hell, kill some more, God knows we have plenty of those buggers around.[cool]
[signature]