Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mountain lakes
Just wondering if anyone knows of any mountain lakes for camping. Im wanting to get away for a night are two this weekend. good Fishing
[signature]
I would say your best bet would be the Uintahs. Has great fishing and many lakes to choose from. The closest ones to the Wasatch Front are on the Mirror Lake Highway. Trial, Wall, Washington, Mirror, and many other lakes are on the road or a short 1 mile hike. If you want to hike a little further, the choices are huge.
[signature]
Thanks cat man, I think were gonna go out to mirror lake and try some of the ones accross the street too. Good Fishing
[signature]
Good luck and good fishing! Such a beautiful view up there! Hope you have a fun time.
[signature]
creek fishing in the uintas is ecxellent, and many different kinds of flies will work if you like to fly fish. Worms are good for rainbows, brooks, cutts, and in a few secret streams, even browns and graylings.
[signature]
MountainMan, Anyway you could give up a secret stream with grayling? I would love to try my hand at some of them. Good Fishing
[signature]
Me too. Tincanfish has hiked into a couple of lakes this year already and i hope to be making one of these hikes with him as soon as the heat has died down some. I have wanted to catch a grayling for quite some time and have always missed my chances at them.[Sad]
[signature]
I'm still hunting for the Grayling haven't caught one yet this year, give us a hint on this secret stream.
[signature]
Hoover Lake off 150 in duchesne county is susposed to have grayling. Its a short hike off the road, Im gonna try to get out there not this weekend but the next. I heard they are small out here, I think the state records only a pound and a half. I'll keep yall posted on my luck. Good fishing
[signature]
How far from SLC? I might be interested in heading up there!
[signature]
its a good 2 hours from clearfield. its not to far from Kamas, maybe 45 mins. Theres some good topo maps online that show you the trails. Good fishing
[signature]
Thanks I'll have to look it over
[signature]
I haven't been there for a couple years but Marjorie Lake off the Crystal Lake trailhead always has grayling. It gets drawn down a bunch this time of year, though. It is over a small hill from Weir Lake. The grayling I caught were up to 14" and lots of fun.
[signature]
Thanks I'll have to dig out the maps to find all these cool places to fish. Fall is coming and the fishing will only heat up from here on out. So I need to get my butt out on the water very soon!
[signature]