Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Short Trip To Utah Lake
My fahter in-law and I fished the lake near lincon beach (secret hole). Fished for only 2 hours and caught 30 bluegill, 2 white bass, and 1 lagemouth bass. The bites were pretty consistant. I had a hard time hooking them, or I think I could have caught more. The ice where we were fishing was only an inch and a half thick. Kinda spooky, but I knew if I went in, it was only three feet deep. It got a little cold for my father in-law, so we left early. It didn't help that we got a late start (3:00 P.M.). The ice at lincon beach was a good four inches. From what I could see, the guys fishing there were doing all right also. In all it made for a fun short trip.
[signature]
Great report and welcome to the forum. Good to hear about the ice down that way, I will have to hit it soon. I am glad the lake decided to give us icers another chance....I was beginning to get a bit worried with the hot weather we had.

Happy Fishing
[signature]
Welcome to the site Gman, thanks for posting your report and update on ice conditions. WH2
[signature]
I also fished "near Lincoln Beach" fishing was good, caught half a five gallon bucket full of bluegill, white bass, and perch. One of the biggest bluegill I have ever caught at 10.5 inches and some really nice perch up to 12.5 inches. Everything caught on a "bro bug" with wax worm in 4-5 feet of water outside the marina.
[signature]
Man you need to take pics and post them when you start catching gills and perch that size! Gotta live vicariously...[cool]
[signature]
You need to let me know when you are headed to these places. [Wink] I need to get out fishing with you this year sometime.
[signature]
Will do. UL was just an afterthought when the berry wasn't that great for us. We only fished it for about 45 minutes. If I am going to make it down this year again I will let you know.
[signature]