Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joes Valley 01/10
Hit up Joes Valley today. Froze our butts off! was around -10 when we got there, almost unbearable. The day was slow and we only ended up with about 20-25 fish between the three of us. Almost all of the fish were skinny, large headed, malnurished splake. This was the first time I have fished this reservoir and I was dissapointed. I was hoping for large splake. The ice was about 14 inches and we fished the north east and north west ends.
[signature]
wow sounds like a cold trip.. lol.. how deep were ya fishing?
[signature]
Jeez, 14 inches already? Wow.

I've fished it quite a bit and have never found the hogs, myself. I still like it though and I know they're in there somewhere.

Is the creek under ice?
[signature]
We moved alot trying to find the big ones. We fished from 9-35 feet.
[signature]
Justin, the creek below the dam? it was mostly frozen but had one or two open holes that I noticed.
[signature]
well i had about 20 to 30 trips like the one you had before we found the bigger splake in there.. then i started useing my GPS to mark spots out in my boat that i want to come back to on the ice.. that helped more then anything for finding the bigger splake in there.. that and one fateful trip on realy thin ice turned the lake around for me..
i realy want to fish it this year. but it's getting harder to plan a trip there, where fish lake is about the same drive for me. and access to fish lake is much better then joe's valley.. at fish lake i can take my snowmobile anywhere i want to go. at joe's valley i have to walk about 300 to 400 yards through deep snow to get to my spot.. and going over fairview canyon can realy suck. but thats why i like joe's too, not too many fishermen are going to go through all that to fish it.. lol
[signature]