Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To kill time
I have a question for all you fisherman out there. Do you ever find yourself casting when you have no rod in your hands??
Okay so I found this funny(not sure kochanut did),
but I was running on the tredmil the other day and just started to practice some casting! I would throw my right arm back and forth three times then cast and then strip the line and so on and so forth.. Im sure i looked funny but it sure helped kill some time on the tredmil Smile
[signature]
i practice in the river when your mad at me or your at work [:p]
[signature]
Sounds like you need one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Echo-Micro-Practic...d_sbs_sg_1

We sit on the couch watching TVwith one of these.
[signature]
No I don't. Sounds like you might need help or medication or something[laugh]. Either that or just get out and fish more.
[signature]
I know I do. I need to up it to like 5 days a week then I might be cured. I walk/run every day but I double haul while I am...arm movement is a good thing.[cool]
[signature]
Lol. Well see i dont ever go out and fish now that Kochanut is gone for awhile. Plus ive only once fly fished for about 10minutes, and other then that Ive been shown on the front lawn how to cast and such. So Im sure when I practice I am Still doing it wrong, but like I said it helped me run hard and get in better shape so when kochanut returns he can teach me what he knows and I can get to a class and learn even more stuff.... Smile
Thanks Flygoddess, i just might have to try that out Smile Smile
[signature]
as much as I know I should I dont have one of those ... mainly because I think one of two things would happen... Id hit my wife with it or she would take it from me and beat the c**p out of me with it... :-)...

but will say.. I have tested those in stores they appear to be a great tool.. but Im afraid of the pain...LOL...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I will say ... on occassion.. I will do some practice casting... what I find though is that I am usually out of practice and instead of relaxing I get very tense and I know that would not be a good cast ...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Century Gothic"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]I have one of those practice rods which from time to time I use in the house. Wanted to teach my grand nephew how to cast before I gave him one of my rods, however, his dad has him playing basketball, football and baseball. Has no time for fishing. Too bad at 9 he could get a got start to the sport of FFing. If we go to Wy agin this year will give it another try.[/#008000][/font]
[inline flyfisher.gif]
[signature]
If I used one of those around my house I would end up cat fishin'.[Wink]
[signature]
LOL works good on Wieners too
[signature]