Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrying weapons while fishing
I totally agree with our right, but there are some laws that need to be addressed (specially for civilians):

If you don’t have a CWL, make sure your weapon is plainly visible when you carry it or keep it in close proximity, readily accessible for prompt use. Carrying of “...a concealed weapon on or about [your] person without a license to carry a concealed weapon...” is prohibited by I.C. §18-3302(9). A weapon is considered concealed if it “is so carried that it is not discernible by ordinary observation.” ~ State v. McNary, 596

Open and concealed carry of weapons is legal in establishments that serve alcohol, but carrying a concealed weapon while intoxicated or under the influence is a misdemeanor.

In Vehicles: While in any motor vehicle, inside the limits or confines of any city, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon on or about his person without a license to carry a concealed weapon. This shall not apply to any firearm located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded. A firearm may be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled or unloaded. ~ I.C. §18-3302(9)

In allot of the ice fishing shots I see a beer can next to the fish getting it's picture...
If no CWL are you wearing the gun on the outside so everyone can see it?

Just food for thought on the subject.

Oh and lastly:

Every person who, not in necessary self-defense, in the presence of two (2) or more persons, draws or exhibits any deadly weapon in a rude, Angry and threatening manner, or who, in any manner, unlawfully uses the same, in any fight or quarrel, is guilty of a misdemeanor. ~ I.C. §18-3303
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Carrying weapons while fishing - by 2dogs - 01-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Re: [kochanut] Carrying weapons while fishing - by flygoddess - 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM