Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to make some sucker bait!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey, all you boys & girls, I could use a little help. I didn't get any sucker this year yet and was wondering if there were some killer places to nab a few. I hate the frozen bait that you can buy. It isn't taken care of very well and always seems to be nothing but mush. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Where is a good, quick spot to catch a few of the ugly buggers? I'd really rather catch some smaller ones than large ones but beggars can't be choosers.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Directions would also be a plus since I can't find my way out of a wet paper bag. Thanks![/size][/font]
[signature]
i have a whole frezer full of the ugley buggers from 1 1/2" to 4" size and i am getting ready to start getting more if you dont find any let me know and i will get you what you need.. but if you are looking for the bigger ones try fishlake there are some in there that will go 10 to 15 lbs.. but up in SLC try the canals there is one in midvale and one in sandy and one in reverton that had suckers in them years ago..

from the fuzzyfisher---------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
If you don't mind speculation and a little adventure, I have heard that the stream west of Cove/Richmond (I think it's the Cub River) has suckers. I've seen a number of carp in it but the stream runs a little faster in a few areas and may have better sucker populations. Access points: Go north on the hwy to Richmond/Cove cities. Turn west at the flasher in Richmond, or 11600 No. west of Caspers Ice Cream, or 12400 No. At each area there is private ground but you may be able to get some under the bridges. If you don't happen to catch any suckers stop in at Caspers Ice Cream and get a shake it will make the drive worth your time.

Another place you might try is down North Cache Rd. (9800 No. County, or 600 S. Richmond [I think]). It's the road going west from the North Cache High School in Richmond. 3 miles west of town you come to a large canal and it looks like good carp/sucker/catfish water. Just a suggestion with no personal experience on this one.
[signature]
I havent really got a direct answer to this question, but what is the difference between a chub and a sucker?? If chub meat would work, feel free to meet up with us at the Perch party at jordanelle next saturday and we will fill your freezer for years with chubs!!!! I caught some and gave them to Lundman to fish the gorge with, but never got a report on how he did with them, but he seemed satisfied with the size and smell of the jordanelle chubs!!! The Provo arm of jordanelle isnt a very good place to catch chubs, but the north bays from the main boat ramp is full of chubs!!! If you would like I could even catch a bunch next week and bring some to ya!!!
[signature]
On the Sevier River, below Piute Res., my grandpa caught about 20 of them a day. He just fished with a worm on his fly pole. Couldn't keep them off! Also, the cottonwood and millcreeks sometimes have them running up them for the spawn. I haven't been to either for a while, so they may be there.
[signature]
Currant Creek Reservoir and Moon Lake have abundant sweet little mountain suckers 3 to 4 inches. Bullock reservoir is loaded with 2 pound white suckers.

Good Sucker Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
As a child, I accidently snagged a huge sucker in the tail in Strawberry. It is amazing how hard a fish can fight that is snagged in the tail. Thank goodness, at least so far, they don't seem to be back in Strawberry.

BLM, you might find a few answers in the previous thread that I started on this same subject. Because I haven't found any suckers either, please catch extra so you can share with all of us needy fishermen/women.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=48151;search_string=Sucker;#48151"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=48151;search_string=Sucker;#48151[/url]
[signature]