Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican 1 /12
Made the trip to Pelican on Wed., arrived about 9ish. Temp was -4, ice was about 10 to 12 inches. There was only one other group on the ice that we could see, great to be able to fish during the week! The fishing was very steady, and at times fast. We used ice flies in 10 to 12 ft. of water tipped with meal and wax worms. Between the three of us we caught over 100 blue gill with most going back in the hole. Also caught 8 large mouth bass, one 18 in. We left about 4 P.M. It was a balmy 6 above by then.
[signature]
Good day, congrats... Was the 9" your biggest bluegill? Pretty nice overall, isn't it?

Heading up Monday and hope I do as well.

Catch the bass on your bluegill lures or something else?
[signature]
Looks like you had a great outing and a nice catch. That was a beautiful bass.
[signature]
If you look close you can see the Ratso in the basses mouth.
[signature]
NICE Bucketmouth! Its been good up there I have some pics from a couple weeks ago and we were catching 10-12 inch gills I am going to try to figure these pics out from my i phone. will get them posted but besides that NICE Bass buddy that is awesome how was the fight or do they swim right up?
[signature]
wow nice catch wyoguy Looks like you guys had a great trip and caught some bass to[cool]
[signature]
The bass put up a real struggle, lite pole and small hook so had the drag backed off. Great fun
[signature]