Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistency, Dedication Pay Off For Ranger Pro Meleen
FLIPPIN, Arkansas - After a six-event regular season tournament schedule, Ranger Pro Paul Meleen is halfway to fulfilling his longstanding list of goals as a professional walleye angler. With a trio of Top-10 finishes buoyed by a pair of Top-20 finishes, Meleen put a check mark next to goal No. 1: winning the FLW Walleye Tour Angler of the Year Award.

Consistency is the key for any Angler of the Year Award; sustaining success over the entirety of a season is not always easy, which is why - especially among anglers - the award is so coveted and revered. Meleen also credits his intense pre-tournament fishing and a dedication to finding newer, better ways to catch fish. But Meleen's consistency and dedication isn't confined solely to what's tied to the end of his line or what part of the reservoir or lake he's fishing.

This season marked Meleen's 22nd year as part of the Ranger Pro Staff, extending his successful, long-running relationship with the legendary boat brand. Meleen's fondness for the brand's performance and features extends all the way back to when he became the first professional walleye angler to compete from a Ranger 600-Series boat. In addition to a lucrative and successful 2010 regular season, the Meleen-Ranger relationship has yielded a consistent career that has brought the professional chef and businessman more than $100,000 in FLW Outdoors earnings.

"I'm old school; I simply focus on putting more time in than anyone else. I'm practicing from sunrise to sundown, trying to find something off the wall," said Meleen. "I also have the confidence of a great sponsor team."

Said Ranger Boats President, Randy Hopper, "Paul is a strong ambasSador for Ranger and the sport of fishing as well. The benefits of that experience show up far beyond his days on the water. His fishing seminars are filled with great insights and information and his personal commitment and enthusiasm are contagious. It all works together to personify what the Ranger brand is about. We're pleased to congratulate him on this prestigious accomplishment and award."

Meleen won the FLW Walleye Tour Angler of the Year award with 818 points over six qualifying events. To be eligible, Meleen fished both the Eastern and Western divisions of the FLW Walleye Tour. "Everything has to go just right to win AOY; one bad day or one bad decision can cost you," said Meleen. "I've had two goals for a long time. The first was to win Angler of the Year and the second was to win the year-end championship. I'm halfway there, and this could be my year."

Meleen will have his chance to add the 2010 FLW Walleye Tour Championship to his professional angling credit September 22-25 on Leech Lake in Walker, Minn.

Paul Meleen: 2010 FLW Walleye Tour Results

Detroit River - 19th Place<br />
Illinois River - 16th Place<br />
Lake Winnebago - Fifth Place<br />
Mississippi River Pool No. 3/Lake St. Croix - Seventh Place<br />
Lake Oahe - 36th Place<br />
Devil's Lake - Sixth Place

About Ranger Boats<br />
Ranger Boats, headquartered in Flippin, Ark., is the nation's largest manufacturer of premium fiberglass fishing boats, including a series of bass, multi-species, fish 'n play and saltwater boats. Founded in 1968 by Forrest L. Wood, Ranger Boats continues its commitment to building the highest-quality, strongest-performing boats on the water. For more information, go to www.rangerboats.com.