Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slab Fishing
Fished with good friends this weekend and got into some decent slabs. The pic with the crappies laid out on the snow are decent. Largest going a close to 16" and 1 lb 11 oz. The rod in the top of the pic is 32" long for a reference. All were well over 12". The Smallie is right at 3 lbs. Not a monster but beefy non the less. Sorry for "crappie" pics but phones were all we had.
[signature]
Nice slabs Rich. Looks like you guys found the spot.
[signature]
WOW those arent slabs those are HOGS nice catch and a big smallie to[cool]
[signature]
Not bad !!! [Wink]

[#0000ff]Please see hot spotting rule or my previous reply below.
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
he probably left the location out for a reason
[signature]
Nice fish. Thanks for sharin'.
[signature]
If you dont stop playing with the pan fish and get up here iam going to have to brake in your new chipin bar! Great catch buddy!
[signature]
Wow you even photo shopped out the background!! This must be a secret spot!!

I bet I can guess where, but I ain't tellin!! [Wink]
[signature]
Looks like you found a nice honey hole.Nice slabs!
Kevin, please read our rule about Hotspotting at this link: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=628859;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=628859;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
or see the sticky at the top of this board. When a member does not want to list a body of water and has taken steps to remove the location from pictures he has posted, you are not allowed to post the location, even if you are just guessing. If the member that posted the report wants to tell you the location in a PM that is fine but because of the public nature of this forum what you have ask will not be allowed and your post will be edited.
WH2
[signature]
Thank You !!!!!
[signature]
Well done Rich. Those crappies should provide some fine eating.
[signature]
I apologize and was not trying to hotspot or guess anything. Now I know not to mention any bodies of water when the poster does not. In my defense I thought that it was well known that that place has crappies in it and was saying that I'd like to get some like that. Thanks for helping me learn the forum rules better. Keep up the good work you do for this forum!
Wow! Can't even speculate where a guy was fishing anymore! Hmmmm....
[signature]
[quote pookiebar]Wow you even photo shopped out the background!! This must be a secret spot!! [/quote]

Oh that's funny. Silly me - didn't realize the backgrounds were 'shopped - just figured it was all snow behind.

Seems you've covered your tracks Rich. Nice fish.

Might just have to try some night fishing. Between Walleye and Crappie - might be worth chasing the night bites (somewhere).
The state record is 14.5 you broke it did you keep the fish?
[signature]
The catch and release record for Black Crappie in Utah is a 16 inch fish caught at Pineview in 2007. The largest Black Crappie ever recorded by the DWR was an 18 inch fish caught at Lake Powell. This information and information for all of Utah's fishing records is available on the DWR website under the "Fishing Information" menu.

Mike
[signature]