Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Tubes at this New Lake !!!
[cool]Several lakes, in California and other states, are restrictive of anything that could create a potential source of pollution. Most such lakes are the primary water supply for municipalities and the cities could be affected if the lakes were found to have unsafe levels of chemicals or bacteria.

We all know what float tubers do in the water, when they have to...and can get away with it. But that is not the only concern. They usually do not even allow swimming in those lakes, to prevent the dispersal of skin-borne bacteria and other contaminants. Similarly, they do not allow fish cleaning or even the use of fish parts as bait in some of these lakes.

Aside from that, there is just a whole lot of over-regulation and foolishness that is discriminatory against us tubin' types. At least it seems that way.

One of my "head-shaking" encounters with such occured in the early 80's in Colorado. Float tubes were still a "novelty" on many waters. I pulled up to the entrance gate of a popular fishing pond north of Denver and went to pay my entry fee. The ranger noticed my float tube in the back of my station wagon and asked what it was. When I told him, he explained that I would have to stay inside the swimming area and not get out on the main lake. Oh, and by the way, there was no fishing allowed in the swimming area. No amount of persuasion would convince him that I was a serious fishermen and that float tubes were a recognized fishing system...in the REAL WORLD. So, I did not pay my fee or fish there.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
No Tubes at this New Lake !!! - by JapanRon - 08-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Re: [JapanRon] No Tubes at this New Lake !!! - by fishfather - 08-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Re: [JapanRon] No Tubes at this New Lake !!! - by fishfather - 08-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Re: [JapanRon] No Tubes at this New Lake !!! - by fishfather - 08-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Re: [JapanRon] No Tubes at this New Lake !!! - by fishfather - 08-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Re: [FlyFishingMoose] No Tubes at this New Lake !!! - by TubeDude - 09-04-2003, 11:46 AM