Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mill Meadow Post for Grandpa and our Baghdaddy
This is a post to show tribute to dad/grandpa in Iraq so he can see that his heritage is taking interest in his great old past time of ice fishing. I took my brother, nephew, and my son on the journey south to Mill Meadow this morning to find warm weather, soft edges, and thick ice, along with many other fishermen enjoying the perch and trout. It was mostly fast action along with fixing tangled lines, nephew falling in the water at the edges and changing the 2 year old's diaper on the ice (cold for the little guy's rear end). Great day, good fishing. Enjoy dad/Grandpa!! We hope you find this post okay on the other side of the world. Can't wait for you to come home and enjoy some good fishing
[signature]
I would like to take this moment and Salute your dad/Grandpa for his service to keep us safe and free here in the great Land of America. That's why I do the Perch shows(Roughin' it Outdoors) so that people like utefisherman can get out and enjoy it with the kids. Now I'd like to hear how you cooked them up cause that is the awesome part for them, eating what they caught. Thanks for sharing your memories. and Thanks again to Grandpa.
[signature]
That is awesome buddy good to see them kids on the ice I will never forget the first time i went with my dad and I know my kids wont either! Thanks to all of our military personal that are fighting for our freedom you are appreciated and may god bless you all.
[signature]
+1 on the thanks to the military man in your family! He is in our family's thoughts and prayers.

Good on ya getting those youngsters out on the ice too. I was there Sunday with a friend's kids/nephews. It's great fun helping those little guys get into the fast perch fishing there.

Fish tacos, Pikeman!

Jim
[signature]
Fillet and fish tacos are the best way for me. I am sure my dad will appreciate all of the nice things you all have said. It is truly an honor to have him serve our country. Thanks guys for your comments
[signature]
Being a fellow BFT service member in Iraq I have to say it is a blast to read everyones post. I was just in Baghdad over the weekend. If your Dad was really in Baghdad I feel bad I didn't have the chance to stop in and say hello. I was dieing to do some fishing while I was there, I just never got my hands on a pole. Looks like you guys had a blast with the perch. Keep it up and keep on posting! To your Dad stay safe and God bless!
[signature]
[quote PIKEMAN99]I That's why I do the Perch shows(Roughin' it Outdoors) [/quote]

Did I miss the show or what?
[signature]
I wanted to reply for a couple reasons. First, can't express my appreciation enough for the sacrifices the great men and women of our military make for us to enjoy the freedoms we do. Thank you!
Secondly, it looks like a lot of fun! Been wanting to take the kids down to Mill Meadow and see if we can't get in to the perch. We took them bback in the glory days of Yuba and I've never seen them have so much fun fishing. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
[signature]
Thanks for the great post and kudos for getting the kids out for an adventure they'll never forget. My Dad is a retired Army officer and my younger brother also retired from the Army after a tour in Iraq during Gulf War One.

I would like to also offer my sincere thanks to the men and women of our military who are serving all over the world, not just in the hot spots where they are currently in harm's way. Being an Army brat, I know the sacrifices of the whole family when a military member is deployed.

From a couple of your pictures it looks like the ice surface has some standing water. I'm guessing it would be a good idea to bring a long plank? I'm probably headed over there on Thursday with a friend. If anyone else is there, stop by and say "Hi". We will probably fish near the boat ramp in the bay towards the culvert under the road.

Mike
[signature]
Hedgesd, good to hear from you and find that you are still alive down there. Yes I did a show on Millmeadows with your buddies. Showed them how to catch fish. But I didnt go to college to know that. [fishin] Yes we did a show for Adam for roughin it outdoors. So that people and their families could go catch some Perch before they decide to kill them. They asume they always know whats best. But what I see families are really enjoying the place. Maybe I will have to go to school so I will understand LOL. They aired the show on the 15th it was at Millmeadows and the week before that I did one up at chesterfield Idaho with maniac lures promoting the cutter bugs and gizzy bugs.
[signature]