Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what gives?????
I've been noticing a tren on hear as of late.. And that trend seems to be new members coming and bashing on others on here.. For no reason most of which don't even introduce them selfs to the board.. Any way not all of the new members are doing this just some of them.. And well it is getting pretty fricken annoying.. I mean it's not my fault I post what I read online this is in reference to the bloody stripe inside the fish post... I posted that it was a main blood vessel as when I googled it the first 5 posts on google all said the same thing that it's the main blood suply.. Now my bad I was wrong but hey it happens.. And I have just been seeing a new trend of newmembers coming on here and bashing on others then running.. Now I'm no excpert but my guess is some of these people are previously banned from the sight just on here to bash and hate on people.. And I think they have multipal accounts.. So when one is shut down they use the next. Just my 2 cents.. So keep fishing... And such
[signature]
i agree with you but what can ya do? they will just keep being spineless and creating new accounts just to "hit and run" so my advice, dont let it get to ya man. let cowards be cowards say what they will and go on about their pathetic lives. this site has alot of awesome people and a ton of great info.
Jeremy, we call this "Cabin Fever" It happens when people get bored and have nothing better to do. Don't worry the moderators know what's going on and will take action when they can. Don't forget you can always flag a posting. This will usually bring a fairly quick review of the thread.

AND DON"T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU GOOGLE!![Wink][Wink]
[signature]
[quote redneck_delux]i agree with you but what can ya do? [/quote]

The best way to combat an ignoramus is to ignore him.
[signature]
Cheer up little buckaroo.......it's all good. It's not what they do..it's what you do that counts.....hate the sin, not the sinnerSmile
[signature]
I've started sending PM's to those people explaining (politely) the friendly atmosphere of this forum and that the kind of bashing isn't welcome. This way if it is just someone that is new and doesn't know better will learn. If not (more likely the repeat offenders) it doesn't matter either way.
[signature]
cabin fever!!
It is the short days and cold temps.
I know I'm the grumpiest in Jan, and Feb.
Just ask my kids [Wink]
[signature]
I try to read everything on here but yesterday I was busy. The best thing to do is report the post and when I get the email I will check it out and take the appropriate action. If I don't see the email, I'm sure one of the other mods will.

I understand the 'cabin fever' but that is no reason to jump on another poster. We have a lot of new and experienced fisherman on here and when someone asks a question, they deserve an honest answer. Even with all my years of fishing, I still learn new things from this site. I consider this a very good teaching site, let's keep it that way.
[signature]
Moderators should be able to tell who is who by the I.P. numbers. I get what you are saying though. I mentioned this too awhile back also. Newbies with attitudes....LOL.
[signature]
I agree with the comments made, I am a fairly new member about a year. My question is where would a person find a list of the board members so one could introduce them selves. I really enjoy the site and find it useful and informative.
[signature]
I wouldn't worry to much about it. The hit and runners won't be around long and the bashers will be seen for that. We are all wrong at times but as I read that thread I am going to post an observation of mine on it.
We are not all going to agree all of the time, and that is not a bad thing. Lots of that on a few posts here and differences are fine, until bashing starts. There is also a difference between poking fun or busting chops and mean spirited. The posts you refer to on that thread must be gone, I see neither there.

My two cents. I find your posts can be entertaining and informatitive and thought provoking. Also your reports are read by many here I am sure, myself included as an indicator as to what is happening. Keep it up.

I do hope you come up with something for this carp derby. Even if it isn't what you hope or envision it should surely generate some interest beyond what it already has, which is quite a bit I think. Quite possibly it could get the Fish & Game thinking it would be good to put a few Tiger Muskie in there. You never know. Most definatley keep all negative thoughts there may be of the way things are managed by them constructive no matter how much you may disagree.

I find the worst part of cabin fever can be March when you know all the worst is behind but still aren't quite sure how soon untill the good starts, but definately not soon enough.
[signature]
Jeremy just keep posting , you are doing a good job of keeping the forum very active . And I love it . Hope to meet you sometime on the water . Curt G.
[signature]
Don't worry to much about the people you know are bashing. That is why they do it, to get a rise out of people. This is the internet and people are much more bolder sitting behind a screen than in real life. They will do things they could not do in real life in a public situation. The other part is people on here will be honest and if you mess up, you will be corrected. Look at it as learning something new. When things like this happens, put the big boy pants on and keep your heart off of your sleeve and you will be fine. The mods do a great job, but they can not stop or fix everything all the time.
[signature]
A few things I always try to remember on the forums that I am a member of.....

1. Its the internet so take everything with a grain of salt. People will post to stir the pot for their entertainment.

2. Alters are a given PITA, as an admin and mod on other forums I can't tell you the amount of work that goes into trying to keep the alters to a min.

3. Don't let something posted by some one you have never met, prob will never met, get you upset. Its one thing to get bothered by some one who knows you but some random that couldn't pick you out in public...... not worth it.
[signature]