Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a dead burbot at Pineview today!
Fished the view today late afternoon parked at the narrows parralel to the gate stepped out of the truck and found a dead 18" burbot[mad] absoluteley made me sick to my stomach to think they would be in the lake, didnt have a camera or i would have posted a pic of it. It had obviously been there a while the thaw over the last couple of days has uncovered it, it seemed. could only hope that someone threw it out of there truck after fishing the gorge or something but probably caught by someone that didnt know what it was and left it there in the parking area???. It is still there for those that will be fishing the area and want to confirm what i found!!! someone please tell me they are not in my favorite fishery???????
[signature]
no ..no say it's not sooooooooooo my pet Burbot got out of the truck today to take a pee.. i guess i forgot to let him back in the truck!! [shocked].. oh well i guess he is dead now.. i need to get a new pet. [sly]..
[signature]
Lets just hope that is all that it was.
[signature]
If there was 1 there is more then just 1....... I think we need to confirm its a burbot and not a muskie that looks like a burbot... [Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
You 100% positive bout it bein a ling ??? Have you ever held 1 in your hand ?? Im doubtin it was ..You sure it wasnt a Brown Bullhead Catfish ?? No camera on your phone ???
[signature]
definetely not a muskie, 99.5% sure it was a ling. My group that flipped it around for a few minutes in disbelief are all avid fisherman that know what they are looking at and all agreed LING!!, but someone please confirm i am still in disbelief! the fish is parralel to the gate where everyone walks down to the narrows toward the road. please look for it and tell me it was a toothless dark muskie with a weak tail and ling patterns on him with a catfishlike mouth!! i dont want to believe they are in that lake!
[signature]
I'm kinda thinking the same thing, but if you are 100% postive it was a burbot we probably should let DWR know.
[signature]
Yes i have caught burbot before and know very well what the ugly critters look like it has been under snow for a while but the tail was a giveaway to me! i am hoping someone will see the fish and prove me wrong, and say it was a bull head. yes i have a camera on my phone but did not think of taking a pic with my phone. Not trying to start a shit storm just saying what i saw. again someone please prove me wrong!!
[signature]
10-4 aint tryin to start no sh$t either just cant believe it but if you know what a ling looks like youll never forget..Alls we can do is hope it was offall from someones trip to the gorge !!! If not were in trouble that res and the rivers below and willard will be smoked in a few yrs..
[signature]
I had a feeling it would only be a matter of time. The Gorge has given them a lot of publicity over the years now.

We have our problems with bucket biologists but Utah has them too.

Hope this is not true but can anyone say they are really surprised? If they are not in Pineview right now I'd bet they will end up somewhere else eventually. Just my thoughts. Yes I'm a pessimist when it comes to these things.
[signature]
takin the camera to the narrows tomorrow not gona fish just gona look I have seen burbot on camera at f l in the buckboard area anybody want to join me shout out!!
[signature]
That is horrible news! Hopefully it's someones idea of a sick joke [mad]. If it was 18" long then it's a burbot for sure, bullheads don't get that long. Only time will tell if it's a farce or not, let's pray that it is[:/].
if it is and there is!!! The DWR might have to over stock with muski to try and eradicate them asap.. Sure it will hurt the other populations of fish in there but it would be easy enough to restock the perch the bass and the crappie in there... It may cot an arm and a leg or two but it's eather that or let them take over or do the unthinkable and poisen it...
[signature]
I doubt they'd poison it. Too much $ for a lake that size these days and maybe not enough Rote. PLUS the, let's just say "paranoid", type of people that would put up a stink about a large scale poison. Anywho, let's hope it doesn't come down to that anyway![frown]
[signature]
Ive personally caught them up to 23in 5lbs outa there and theres a lot bigger 1s to be had you dont here boutem cause only a handfull target them.. Nothings forsure until the DWR confirms it so dont say da word FO-SURE ...Fish on ...FISHAMANIAC
[signature]
really? so you came within a few pounds of the world record and also smashed the state record all by yourself? you might have wanted to turn that in for the recognition:

[#0000ff]Weight: [/#0000ff][size 2]3 lb. - 4 oz.
[/size][#0000ff][size 2]Length: [/size][/#0000ff][size 2]16 inches
[/size][#0000ff][size 2]Girth: [/size][/#0000ff][size 2]13 inches
[/size][#0000ff][size 2]Angler: [/size][/#0000ff][size 2]Jack Gilgen
[/size][#0000ff][size 2]Caught at: [/size][/#0000ff][size 2]Cutler Reservoir
[/size][#0000ff][size 2]Bait/Lure:
Method:
Record Date[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 2]: [/size][/#0000ff][size 2]1999
[/size]
[size 2][/size]
[size 2]but i could be way off since this was just a quick search and this is dated 1999.[/size]
[size 2][/size]
[size 2]if nothing else i hope you got pics of it!!
[/size]
[signature]
Really -aint no secret that theres some toads in there I dont chase records have better things to do ...Fish & Game told me they've seen them bullheads in there to up to 5 lbs If you dont believe me thats fine just wait till the ice comes off and drag your butt up to one of the inlets and chuck a 1" hunk o perch out and let us know bout your findings...Last but not least dont patronize me pal those who know me know that Im not here to bulls$$t and tell fish stories like the majority..
[signature]
wow, ya sure did take offense to a simple question. sorry dont spin fish, not my forte. oh yea, please take the time to re-read my entire post, take notes if you need to. not once did i call you a liar or call BS. just stating the fact that you might have smashed the state record. typically a normal person that did not know that would say "wow, i dident know!" if your not on BFT to tell fish stories why are you on here? i ask that because basically any fish report posted is a fish tory in and of itself. im happy we are pals! my life is now filled with joy.
[signature]
Never said you did call me a liar... It was that really all by yourself line that got me... Ive read it once and it was enough.. I know why were here ..
[signature]
Where exactly was the burbot?

You can call me at 801-230-6119

Drew Cushing
[signature]