Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast cats again at bountiful pond
Hey guys, I havent been around much lately, computer trouble[mad]. On a good note though I was at bountiful pond wednesday and thursday evening.[Smile]. And what a good idea it was. Especially for wednesday. I got out there about 11pm and fished till 5 am. I went through a dozen nightcrawlers, 1 lb. of shrimp and all the carp meat that cat_man gave me. I bet I cought 25 to 40 cats. I lost count after about 15 on the first dock. Then when everyone left from the front parking lot area I decided to walk over there and check ou the action. There was only one guy there and by the time I had my stuff set down and got my line back in the water, he'd caught and released to nice cats. Those cats hit your bait as soon as it hit the bottom. It was so much fun.

So I decided to try it thursday night and got out there about 1:30 am. I got 2 cats in the first 10 minutes I sat there. I moved around a bit and managed 9 others. Worms seem to be the best bait and right in front by the parking lot on the south end of it seems to be the hottest fishing. Just get there before all the crowds do. Last night there was still about 2 dozen people fishing by 3 am.
[signature]

Fun stuff!!
Were they all chanel cats?
any with size? 5 lbs. and up.
[signature]
Wow - sounds great, but when do you sleep? That must be quite the site to see a couple dozen people fishing at 3:00 AM.
[signature]
I haven't been out there for a few weeks during the night but I have had the most luck in the south west corner of the pond. but during the day moby_dick and I have been catching lots of big fun carp on the first dock. just using bread. but I'll have to get out there one of these nights again.

Joe
[signature]
The majority of cats were in the 2 pound range. With maybe 10 in the 4 to 6 pound range.
[signature]
I didnt get a whole lot o sleep those nights but it was well worth it.[cool]
[signature]
I've only been there once. We didn't show up until 11pm which made it difficult to get the lay on the land (or pond) since it was my first time out there... We fished to the right of the parking lot over the bridge and out a 100 yards or so. Caught a few cats in the 1-2 lb range but nothing like what you caught. We stayed until 3 or so and heard fish jumping the whole time. We even saw movement right next to the bank (probably carp?). I guess we weren't in a very good spot but there were lots of other folks by the bridge that caught fish all night long. I guess I'll have to try a totally different spot next time out -or- with any luck, loanfish will let me tag along with him sometime. By the way, thanks for the info.[Wink]
[signature]
Just let me know when ya wanna go and well go out. I'ts easier for me after 9 pm as this is when my wife gets off of work. I only live 5 minutes away so I can be there at a moments notice given that I dont have any other obligations.
[signature]
Hey loanfish, not bad!! I'm glad that extra carp meat went to good use. Maybe you should have taken the whole carp too! That sure is a lot of catfish. I think I'm done with catfishing for this year. School has started and I got homework now. [pirate]
[signature]
It did come in handy and thanks a bunch. I could have used more. Theres plenty of carp in there to catch so if I run out of crawlers ill go to carp meat.[Wink]
[signature]