Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abu Garcia Revo Toro Winch
Anyone ever used one, or at least held one that could compare it to a Curado 300 series? I like the Curado, but the Winch is advertised with almost twice the drag strength.
[signature]
I own this reel and its a great reel but if you think about do you really need that much drag pressure? I know I dont. I think it fits the hand much better than the curado an is overall a better reel. I know a ton of hardcore washington coastal steelheaders that ALL ditched their curados and went with the revo. I dont think you would be displeased one bit if you purchased this reel!
[signature]
Thanks for the response, and I am glad it was from someone with first hand knowledge. I really like the Revos I have had or played with in the past, and think since the line capacity is there I might go with the Revo Toro instead of the Curado. I agree with you on the extra drag strength, but think it might be nice to have if the occasion ever arose. Does the one you have use the 4.6:1 gear ratio, and if so do you think it is alright?
[signature]
Mine is the HS model. I'm sure the other one would be fine its just going to take you a few seconds longer to retrieve your gear.
[signature]
I went through the same decision last fall when I found a real great price on a Revo Winch. I posted at that time what everyone thought about the ratio and the consensus was the higher the ratio the better. I bought the Revo STX with the 7:1 ratio and I am glad I did, after the end of your drift you can really rip it back for the next cast.
[signature]
I think the larger Toro models will be nice, and are something different than the Curado. I think I will just deal with the line pick up speed and go for it.
[signature]