Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
monster bulls!
has anyone been watching the elk east of firth? something worth seeing, 4 of the biggest bulls ive ever seen in the wild. unreal.
[signature]
Haven't seen the ones east of Firth, but stopped to check out the ones outside Ririe and further towards I.F. There was one group that had to be well over 100 head and there were 12 big bulls that we could make out by spotting them from about 1/2 mile away. Truly some impressive sites this year!
[signature]
You must mean these.

[inline 2011_02_20_5018_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_20_4732_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_20_5039_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_20_5048_copy.jpg]
And here are a few from the Ririe area.
[inline 2011_01_29_1623_copy.jpg]
[signature]
Pretty Boys!!!
[signature]

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Your welcome for the pics. I got bord today, so I went over and took another look at them. Here are a few more pics of them. Very nice bulls.

[inline 2011_02_26_5503_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_26_5577_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_26_5604_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_26_5634_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_26_5727_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_26_5735_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_26_5796_copy.jpg]

[inline 2011_02_26_5804_copy.jpg]
[signature]
glad you posted the pics. i have a real nice pic of them on my face book page, i couldnt seem to get it on here. my page is open for anyone to see if ya wanna look. i keep hoping the snow keeps these boys dwon long enough for shed time,,, then the foot race is on[Wink]
[signature]
Won't be much of a foot race. The field is now posted "No Trespassing".
[signature]
yeah i seen that. also seen the dirty buggers dropping hay for the elk. not good. this time next year when they have 200 elk in there yard eatin off of their stack theyll regret that for sure. then they will cry to fish and game asking to shoot them. gotta love idiots. found some nice deer sheds up there allready though. 5 dead yotes too
[signature]
I have seen the rancher feeding them, but I think it is to keep them out of his haystack and cows. I would not want them in with my cows due to the fear of [url "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brucellosis"][#0645ad]brucellosis[/#0645ad][/url]. I have been up there many times and have yet to see them out of the field they are in, so I do not think they are hurting any thing by feeding them once in a while. If they have enough food, they will be content to stay put and not cause problems. These animals need some place to go. People keep encroaching into their winter feeding area and this is bound to happen. Look at the 200 head of deer just up the hill from the elk. They are in their normal winter feeding area, but with people moving in and building homes and farms, things are bound to get complicated.

I personally would prefer to see those Elk fed a bale or 2 a week and not have them hazed, ripping down fences to get to haystacks, wandering around across roads, or into cattle. This will make them strong and healthy for spring, keeps them out of trouble, and should help the heard. The more Elk, the better.
[signature]
i hear ya, but he better plan on feeding them and their friends next year. also.... those windmills are bringing many more wintering game down. the hills around taylor where we use to watch many wintering game is basicaly free of game with the exeption of a few stuborn moose. none the less, fun to see the critters and healthy at that
[signature]
Beautiful Bulls. I saw a nice 5 point up by Blacktail earlier this year while hunting. It is always fun to see them.
[signature]