Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 9-1
Went up to Strawberry this morning. We got a later start than we wanted, but got to Rengade just before 7AM. All the hunters were out along the treeline, but coming around that big loop on the way to Renegade, I just about plowed into a 3 point and a 2 point just standing in the road. :-)

When we got there I started throwing the casting net right away, but after about 15 min all I had was 7 minnows! However, with just about every cast I was catching trout up to 5" in the net.....weird, I almost never get them in there and I bet I netted close to 30. They were all safely returned to the water and after I had three casts in a row with nothing but trout, I called it good.

So, out we went with 7 fresh minnows (all we ended up using b/c for some reason we didn't lose them when we caught fish) and a bag of frozen ones that I'd brought with us just in case.

We were getting action almost right away. At first we were trolling the minnows with no weight on them. That worked great for about an hour and then we had to put some weight on to find the fish. We never left the area between Renegade and Indian Creek. We fished until only 10:30 because I had to get back to get my wife to work, but we had a good time. My cousin landed 10 and missed about twice that and I landed only 5, but missed about 3 times as many. I just couldn't hook the buggers. Every cutt caught was within the slot limit, but my cousin did get a 22.5" bow on a minnow. Man it was GORGEOUS and FAT! It's feeding his family tonight.
[signature]
Thats some good action for 3 hours of fishing. I'm hoping to make it next weekend and do some jigging for some trout.
[signature]
Good report shrimpboy,

We where in that area around 1:00PM,we caught some on pop gear and a worm and a white jig and a worm,sounds like I should have fished a minnow instead.

thanks and keep posting.

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
SOunds like Strawberry is starting to pick back up!!! Will have to head up there before I spend the entire month of Oct hunting!!!
[signature]